• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Big Silverback...

Started by HuntnCarve, September 11, 2013, 04:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Having just smacked a Stink bug off the deck door screen, I just happened to glance down at Honey Hole No. 2  There stretched out above the hole was a Silverback!  I thought I could ease into the house and fetch my .22 rifle and dispatch said hog..But by the time I got back with the rifle, he had slipped down the hole.  At least that is what I suspected?  After staking out the hole in the blazing afternoon sun for 10 minutes, I called it quits.  But vowed to keep an eye on HH2 as the afternoon progressed when I was in the vicinity. 
Well about the time my wife came back from shopping, I was telling her I saw a hog... At the same time I glanced out the door.  Well, it seems the hog was in the midst of excavating the front of the hole.  I could not see him as he was below grade.  But I could see the sticks and debris flying out of the hole.  Finally, about 10 minutes later, I looked down and there he was top side.  He had pegged me right off, so I didn't dare try and slip onto the deck.  Instead, I cracked the sliding screen door a couple inches and rested the rifle against the door frame.  Just as I was about to pull the trigger, he eased on down the hill a few feet.  Soon as he stopped, I settled the crosshairs on his ear, and touched off a round.  The slug drilled him right where I had aimed.  He toppled down the hill right on top of HH2 dead right there.  So this is No.9 for the year.  Been mighty slow around these parts in regards to hogs.  But we'll keep on looking! 

Good Hunting!

HuntnCarve
Dave

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Way to go Dave.  I think it was good planning on your part to allow this one to make the den look good for the next (short lived) visitor.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Nice! :congrats:
9 uh? I think your only a couple away from supplying the meat for the lbl chili this year. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

:alscalls: :alscalls: @ the 10 minute stake out!!    :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com