• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Dinner got interrupted

Started by coyote101, November 04, 2013, 08:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I needed to take a trail camera to the woods yesterday afternoon and I thought I'd do a little squirrel hunting while I was out. I got fleeting glimpses of three squirrels in the first hour, but they were way off and hard to keep track of with all the leaves still on the trees so I never had a shot. Then, next thing I know, there they are, and I've got three in about two minutes.

Including this guy, who had his mouth full and was too busy eating to notice all the gunfire:

I quit after three because I hate to clean the things and my wife won't eat them.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

This is generally the way I do it, Pat.   Skinning doesn't take too long.

FinsnFur

Nice trophy shot Pat :congrats: I love it.

I hate cleaning em too. I'm gonna have to try the method in the video.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Doesn't look like you will be losing your nuts anymore.  I mean, that squirrel will leave your nuts alone.  Um, that squirrel is finished with your nut.  The squirrel is dead!  There.

Jerry

centerfire_223

I was squirrel hunting one day and had one come across a log with a walnut in its mouth just like that. I was just about to head shoot it when I decided to shoot the walnut instead. When that walnut exploded that squirrel went ballistic. You would have thought he was crazy. I was laughing so hard, I had to go back home.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

HaMeR

Good shootin Pat!! You otta stuff that one & put it on a log heading down the tree.  :laf: :laf:   I need to get out after them myself.

Squirrel stew @ Pat's!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dave

Great pic!
Semp, thanks for posting that video.  I do it a similar way, but will definitely change a few things after seeing that!
Centerfire, I'll be looking to do the same next time I see one with a nut in its mouth!  :alscalls:

Todd Rahm

Dinner or was he hoarding?  :laf:

Thanks for sharing Pat. That's one thing I truely miss from back home.

JohnP

Good shooting and nice picture.  I'd missed squirrel season this year, again. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs