• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Trifecta Weekend

Started by FOsteology, December 01, 2013, 01:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Took the oldest "kid" (senior in college) hunting this weekend out at a friends ranch near Ezzell Texas. We managed a trifecta!  :biggrin:

slagmaker

What a weekend!

Hey whats the 411 on the rifle in the first pic? Very nice looking.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

gravesco hunter

for sure a very productive week end

Okanagan

You are one blessed dude!

Great pics.

nailbender

Looks like you had a great weekend! :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

She sure seems to be a good shot and maybe a little bit lucky.  Not the kills, but having all three (especially the nice buck) show up on the same day.  Tell her congratulations.

Jerry

coyote101

Beautiful!  :highclap: Your daughter is beautiful, the deer is beautiful and the rifle(s) are beautiful.  :congrats: Congratulations on a great weekend.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FOsteology

Quote from: slagmaker on December 01, 2013, 05:35:44 PM
Hey whats the 411 on the rifle in the first pic? Very nice looking.

It's a rifle we put together last summer.

http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?topic=16216.0

The other rifle is my Kimber 84M Classic Select in .308 Win shooting 150gr. NAB

Deer was taken Saturday evening a few minutes prior to the end of legal shooting light. Broadside shot at approx. 60 yards. Dropped in his tracks.

Coyote this morning about 30 minutes after sunrise. Feral pig (sow) shortly after.
Looks like the coyote had previously been snared!

FinsnFur

Thats just awesome Fos. I cant even imagine how thrilled you were having her back to go hunting and then pull off a day like that.
Thats what it's all about . :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Great Day, don't get any better than that, national geographic day.  :highclap:  :congrats:  :congrats: cc

possumal

That's a great day, Fos. Kudos to you and the beautiful daughter.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

Congrats!  Heck of a day afield!  :congrats:

FOsteology

She's ready to do some more hunting. Now she wants to hunt stags in Scotland. I told her she needs to land a good paying job after college so she can take me!  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FOsteology on December 03, 2013, 11:25:45 AM
She's ready to do some more hunting. Now she wants to hunt stags in Scotland.   :biggrin:

Come on Fos it is only money.  And she is worth every penny you will spend to make memories for a lifetime.

Jerry

JohnP

Congratulations to that young lady and you also Fos.  You obviously done a good job raising her.  She is a very pretty gal, must take after her mother in the looks department.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

bambam

Awesome ! Congrats to you and the young Lady.  :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap:

HaMeR

Sweet!!!!!! Other than the coyote things look very tasty down your way FOs!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:  Ham & eggs for breakfast & butterfly chops & fried taters for supper!!!!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:  You all done good!! Congratulations!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

shaddragger

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 01, 2013, 09:53:39 PM
Thats just awesome Fos. I cant even imagine how thrilled you were having her back to go hunting and then pull off a day like that.
Thats what it's all about . :congrats:

Couldn't have said it better!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Okanagan

Fun to see the follow-up thread after the story last year of your daughter beginning to hunt and the left hand rifle you built for her.   That is an exceptionally beautiful stock, fitting for a young lady its equal.   Stag hunting in Scotland?  The lady has taste!

http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?topic=16216.0

Dave

Congrats to your daughter, Fos, on the trifecta! 
I know we'll be seeing pics of her trip to Scotland sometime in the future.  No getting around it.