Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

For some reason I have the feeling that there will be MORE to this story.  Or in the case of chipmunks around here there wasn't just one.

Jerry

HaMeR

Nice!! Didja grill those backstraps Jim??!! I bet you coulda got a couple massive 1 1/2" filets outta that one!!  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

:alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Quote from: HaMeR on September 29, 2014, 05:23:42 AM
Nice!! Didja grill those backstraps Jim?

Of course he did.  Jim isn't a trophy hunter.  He always eats what he kills.    :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

Okanagan

That sure is a pretty pattern of spots on the hide!  Save them up and make a vest or a coat for one of your girls!

Good shooting BTW!  That's a small target.

msmith

Them roasts in a crockpot would be great!
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

slagmaker

Tell us a little about the hunt Jimbo.  :eyebrow: I mean nice pics and all but I need a little back story.  :wo:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

There's not much of a story :laf: I bring these Oak 4x4s off the semi trucks, home from work every fall and cut em up for fire wood. They come in handy when the girls are home alone since they are small and easy to handle for them. I brought these home last week and left them in the middle of the yard as I cut em up cause I want them in a separate pile when I start stacking, so they weren't there long.
I walked out the back door last night to check the grill and seen something dart from the wood pile and then freeze. I spotted this critter wondering what to do with himself about 10 feet from the pile. I turned around to go back in and get the camera, and he turned around at the same time and ran back into the pile.
When I came back out, I planted myself on the porch and just waited. Didnt have to wait long, as he peeked back out and pretended not to look at me, but one eye was clearly fixed on me. He was keeping an eye on me...literally. lol duh :laf:
I started snapping pics to see how close I could pull him in and and soon after he darted back into the wood pile and came popping out the very top. I guess to get a better look. He sat there till I got bored with him and then I went in and got the pellet gun. I figured if I didnt get rid of him, he's gonna end up in my basement or something this winter.
I never came back out with the gun. The bedroom window was less then 15 feet from the pile which gave me a silent approach  :eyebrow:
I slid the window open, and he heard it, ran back into the pile. A few seconds later he peeked back out as if to say "what the heck was that?" as he looked in my direction. He actually stood up for me.
I had to trail the red dot to him cause it was so bright outside but once it was on him I think he liked it. I mean it did look good on him. It was good night Irene, right there. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

Now that's a hunt right there Jimbo. Thanks for the taking us along on this dangerous expedition. Good to hear your basement or something will be safe.

nastygunz

Crockpot?...he looks different then our chippies. Thank God I talked u into buying that hand cannon!.... :biggrin:

riverboss

You may of saved your self!!!! just think if he would of made it into your house and got locked in without his stock pile,  he may of been dangerous and despirate and gone on the hunt for some NUTS!!!

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

slagmaker

I have seen them things flat tear insulation out of the walls and chew through electrical wiring worse than any rat.

you tan fur... How much ya think you will get from that pelt?

FinsnFur

$80 bucks if I stretch it :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Dale

just don't pull it to tight/thin...  :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

JohnP

How many you got in the fur shed?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Just one John. This one  :laf:
Actually I dont have the tanning business anymore. I sold out all my equipment and stuff a few years ago when I started punching a time clock. I told the kids we can still always do a hide for them if they want some day.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

msmith

You get any more of them and you'll need to get a bigger roaster.  :eyebrow:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori