• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Got Skunked

Started by Carolina Coyote, November 06, 2014, 05:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Been having trouble with something digging up my yard and I suspected it was one of these guys, pretty stinky problem but this is the 3rd Skunk in the past few months, first one in a trap, got the whole area skunked up.

HuntnCarve

Nice catch Carl!  A few years back I ended up taking out 10 of the critters.  I set a driveway alarm on the area where they were digging (wife's flower beds).  When it would go off, I would grab the .22 and red shooting light and get down to business.  The wife was not thrilled when the alarm would go off in the wee hours of the morning. :laf:  Sometimes they did not spray, other times they did a little bit. :wo:
The local red fox seemed to appreciate my efforts, along with the turkey buzzards. :laf:  They have not been a problem since.

Dave

Hawks Feather

Skunks!  Thanks for bringing back a memory told to me many years ago.  My grandfather used to take fur bearers in MI to supplement his income and he always said that if you can get a skunks back legs off the ground they can't spray.  I asked him about that and he said that sometimes he was quick and sometimes he was sprayed.  He didn't have money for a gun so he would wait till he saw tracks, follow them, and then dig out the hole where the tracks ended.  He used a club to kill whatever was in the hole.

Jerry

slagmaker

i had a skunk problem a few years back. trapped around a dozen. used a trap small enough they couldnt raise there tail. never once got sprayed.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Mix them in with your Tuna Helper® ...oh mannnn is it good :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Some interesting comments about how to keep them from spraying, Hawk your Grandfather apparently was a quick man and brave.  :bowingsmilie: Dave I hope I don't have more coming but I like your idea of the driveway alarm it adds some adventure to the problem.  :biggrin: Slag pretty obvious my trap gives them enough room to raise their tail as you can see in the photo.  :rolleye: Jimbo I don't know about the Tuna helper but it would probably go good with Coyote soup.  :alscalls: