• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2015 lion hunt

Started by snafu, January 08, 2015, 07:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snafu

Finally got some snow, around 5" of powder. Hunted the following day hoping to cut a track to no avail. The following 2 days NorWester winds kicked in. I'll be back on the hunt again when things settle down.

Below is where I seen my 1st lion 8yrs ago late one day. Seen it sitting on the far ridgeline/(triangle strip of picked corn field). As it was over looking a timbered creek valley to it's North. I had permission on the land it was on. But it was already getting dark. So I passed on it. I regret that to no end.

"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

snafu

Timbered creek valley the lion was looking down upon.

snafu

The other day as I was scanning along the river corridor. I met a nearby farmer doing chores. We visited a bit & he told me 2yrs ago. Early on he lost 2 new born calves. A while later, he lost 2 more calves. They weighed in the 80-90 lb range. Not a trace found on any of them. They were all in a fenced pasture. I told him a good bet a lion got them. Just so happened this yr around 4 months ago. A lion was seen crossing a highway 1/2 mile East of his farm.

FinsnFur

What were you waiting for? Or did you only have the  camera with you? Sheeeeeeesh! I dont think I'd wanna be that close to one.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

snafu

Jim, there was around 10" of new snow on the ground. That corn field hadn't been picked yet when the snow hit. I had maybe 45? minutes of daylight left. I didn't want to get out there when darkness hit & no flash light. But looking back I should've went for it. I had one hand call in my truck at the time. 

Okanagan

Jim, that's (almost) mean!   :alscalls:

Keep after them, Snafu.