• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My dream hunt!

Started by nastygunz, February 27, 2021, 06:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

With the exception of the small Red Jimmie, I can get the other three about any day of the week from my house.  I am just a little concerned about how excited my neighbors will be when a shotgun fires and a squirrel drops in their yard.  I might have to use the air rifle to keep the noise down.

As a side note, the first black squirrel I ever saw was in Canada when I went there fishing in the late 60s.  Now they are pretty common everywhere around here.

pitw

Any flying squirrels there?  We have few squirrels here except for the richardson ground squirrel[gopher] and the only time we use a shotgun on them is when 10 or so are gathered on a mound and we wanna see how many we can bowl over with one shot.LOL 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

There are flying squirrels around here, but they only come out at night and are not legal to hunt.  They have a smaller body than the Red Jimmie and I wouldn't waste my time trying to clean something the size of a chipmunk so Red Jimmies are safe when I am hunting.  When I hunt squirrels, it is with a .22LR and only head shots are allowed. 

nastygunz

Flying squirrels red squirrels and gray squirrels no black ones and no fox squirrels  :argh:

msmith

We have grey squirrels and fox squirrels for the most part. We do have flying squirrels but they seem to be nocturnal. We do have red squirrels that most people don't even bother with, we call them fairy diddles. No black squirrels.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori