• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Showcase, Holzer Howlers, by Brad Holzer

Started by Brad H, May 31, 2007, 09:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

Showcased call;

My name is Brad Holzer. I was born in Billings MT in 1970. My parents moved here, to Glendive, when I was three and I've been here ever since. Since grade school I've been into hunting. It all started when I got to go deer hunting with my dad and his friends. Then I got my first BB gun which I'd take into the hills to shoot lizards, snakes, and cottontails.

When I was 19 My dad got a different job running a bank in SW Montana. I stayed here and got a job in the oilfield. My hunting interest at the time was taken over by the new job, a lot of fishing, and later, starting a family.

The hunting interest rekindled in late 1999 when one of my co-workers and a very avid hunter, kept talking about how coyote calling was his favorite type of hunting. I got a 220 Swift for Christmas that year, and  in January, that same co-worker took me out to do some calling for the first time ever. 7 or 8 minutes into out first stand a coyote came in, stopped at 100 yards to look our way, and two seconds later my factory bullet went through its spine.  Dave was doing the calling and didn't even see it come in. I learned a lot from that first stand, and haven't looked back since. My newest endeavor worth mentioning is bobcat trapping which started last year. With less than zero knowledge about trapping, I spent all of last spring and summer buying traps and scouting my acquired trapping country. I managed three cats during our shortened 5 week season, and plan to double it next year.

In 2002 I started making my own calls with the help of Rich Cronk and Sly Dog as two of my most influential and looked up to individuals. I've accomplished every goal I've set for myself pertaining to call making, and the satisfaction of getting a great working call to a call user or collector will keep me making calls for many years to come.

Aside from call making and coyote calling, my time off is mostly spent with my family. I've just recently taught both of my daughters to ride their bikes on two wheels. Those are the type of moments that only come once, and why I spend as much time as I can with them while they're young.

The rest of the family;

Hope this wasn't too long. Thanks for your time and have a great summer!!

Brad Holzer

Home; 406 377 4204
Work cell; 406 978 2031

Email; rebl70@midrivers.com

KySongDog

Great lookin' call, great lookin' family and a really nice write up about yourself, Brad.   You have lots to be proud of.   :yoyo:   :congrats:

cb223

I have admired your calls for a while now. I first saw them on that other site, I have wanted one since. Maybe this is my chance!
Keep up the good work!
CHAD

FinsnFur

Beautifully done Brad  :yoyo: :yoyo:

And that howler is to die for. Of course I've never seen you post anything but top notch stuff.

Kudos on the bike lessons buddy. Cherish it. I went through it last year, videoed the whole thing took pics and everything. It's only been a year and I still get choked up lookin back at the pics of that smile and her screamin "I'm doing it Dad! I'm doing it!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Very well done Brad! Nice write up and great looking call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone will be very happy!

I have several of Brads calls and they are ALL first class!

Great looking family there Brad! You should be very proud!

Brent

iahntr

:highclap: :highclap: Another super lookin howler !! Thanks so much for puttin it up ! Man you do nice work ! Good write up. Thanks for sharin pics of your family with us.  Very nice
Scott

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Brad,

My hat's off to you partner!  Aint family life great!  You look like you've got yourself a good one and are in a good place in life.  It's always great to get a little insite as to what got others into the game.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading your bio and look forward to getting to know you sir. 

And sheesh man, that howler is sweet!!! I don't have any horn howlers in my collection yet and hope that I am the lucky one!

Joey Gacnik

P.S.  Love the dodge pic man!!
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Bills Custom Calls

Wow Great story nice looking family and what a call

Good luck on catching those bobcats next season

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

DirtyDog

Brad,

Man that howler is something sweet. Very nicely done. I WANT IT!!!!!!!

Great looking family. Teaching them to ride a bike is great. Congrats on a great family and a great call!

ND

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Arkyyoter

Just what I knew to be true all along......not only an EXTREMELY talented builder, but a wonderful family man as well. It just doesn't get much better than that!! My hat is off to you Brad.....excellent all the way around.

awh

First and foremost....You are doing it right with the family. The memories of the kids first anything is the greatest feeling in the world. The looks on their face is the best.

Now, that call. My addresses is.......LOL. Man I love it. The detail in the flames is perfect.

Great write up and a very awsome call Brad. Your a true talent and a very lucky man to have such a beautiful family and know that's what it's all about. Hats off to ya. :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

HuntnCarve

Brad,

Arky pretty much summed it all up with his post.  Great work from the man that put the "H" in horns and
howlers!  Very well done!
Dave

studabaka

Great write up Brad. Highlights some pretty great stuff...... The call looks spectacular...... almost as good as the family.

..... and the trapping  :biggrin: I knew I liked you  :wink: I'm looking forward to seeing more of those pics too!

Thanks for showcasing!!  :congrats: :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

fuzz624

Brad,great looking call.That was a great write up and awsome pics of the family.Enjoy every minute you can with those kids.Isnt it funny that with everything we own and do,our kids make us the proudest and happiest.

nailbender

Another great looking howler Brad!  Enjoyed your bio and the family pics. Looks like a great bunch. :congrats:

bowjunkie

WOW, what a howler ...nice writeup as well ..I think this forum is awesome as everyone gets to know more about where there calls come from and what got the builder started ...... :yoyo: :yoyo: great work Brad and ya put me on yer list for a call  :eyebrow:

Ed

Dogwood Creek

Fantastic howler and Bio Brad. You live in one of the prettiest places in the world buddy. Whoever wins this howler is going to be a very happy camper.I love mine!  :yoyo:  Great work buddy,R.J.

kiyitec

Great!  All the way around.    I'll give A +1 to all of the above posts.  Thanks!  ~KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

HaMeR

Hi Brad!! Nice family picture you chose!! Those are some lucky kidders you got there too!! I have no doubt that flame throwin howler will heat up the woods with the help of SlyDog & Rich Cronk!!  Sweet lookin howler for sure. I'm gonna be real happy when I win it too!! :eyebrownod:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11