• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Question for the geeks

Started by nailbender, September 05, 2007, 07:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nailbender

My monitor is going dark. Color washing out from side to side, black screen shades the google window grey.
     Any ideas? Other than banging on it?  There it goes again, can't see what I'm typing. A couple good hits brings it back., not for long

Silencer

either your monitor or video card is going.  you got a spare monitor to try out ??  If its still doing it with another monitor I'd say its the vid card. 

Todd Rahm

99.9% sure its the monitor, and its not fixable...........you'll need a new one.

DirtyDog

Quote from: Todd Rahm on September 05, 2007, 08:19:13 AM
99.9% sure its the monitor, and its not fixable...........you'll need a new one.

I should have known you would answer this one Todd......where's Jimbo?  :innocentwhistle:

I agree though, it sounds like the monitor is going bad.

awh

Yeap. Try another monitor and if it clears it up.....drop the bucks for a new one.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

nailbender

Thank guys, that's what I thought. Just got rid of the extra monitor I had laying around. Isn't that the way it goes? :doh2:

FinsnFur

Yep, it's the monitor for sure. The tube is burning out. Banging on it might gain ya another week or so but she's short lived.

If you don't want a high tech big flat screen monitor, you can pick up the kind that look like a little TV for dirt. I just bought a brand new 17" for 60 bucks.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com