• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Restaurants

Started by DirtyDog, March 14, 2008, 10:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

My wife and I got the neighbors to watch my kids tonight. My wife and I went to a restaurant called Famous Dave's BBQ. We waited 30 minutes for a table, had the slowest/ worst waitress in the world, and I had a HUGE hair on my BBQ ribs.  :puke: Why do they insist on hiring the people that would rather talk to their boyfreinds on their cell phones instead of working. I got my lunch for free, and refused to give her ANY tip. My wife was a little mad at me for that, but oh well.....

FinsnFur

What's worse is those kids dont realize the value of a job. That's why their "I Dont Care" attitude goes to work with them.

And we are in a helluva situation to be taking such a thing for grant. If this country don't get its act together financially. The number of people living in campers and under blue tarps will continue to be on the rise.

A job down at Big Dave's BBQ, aint looking so bad now is it Missy?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Hate to hear of you bad experience at famous Dave's. :sad:

When I lived in Nashville I eat there a lot, I lived down the road from one. I also eat at the one in  Knoxville When I pass through there good BBQ.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

iahntr

That bites. 
As far as Famous Dave's goes, I really like the place, and have had good food and good people every time I've been there. That goes to show ya a place is
only as good as the people workin there. You can have good food, but a bad waitress can make it a bad experience, and it stinks when ya take the time to
get a babysitter, and take your wife out for a nice evening, and then stuff like that happens. The work ethic in the next generation is definitely going down
hill, ya see it everywhere. As far as the tip goes, I agree with ya. If somebody  does a good job I don't have a problem tipping generously, if they suck and don't
deserve one, there not gettin one from me.  :nono:  If the experience is that  bad and I think the manager needs to know about it, a person can be decent about
it, but I think it's only right they know about it. I know if I owned a restaurant I'd wanna know if my employees weren't doin there job.
Scott

DirtyDog

Quote from: iahntr on March 15, 2008, 09:58:15 AM
and it stinks when ya take the time to get a babysitter, and take your wife out for a nice evening, and then stuff like that happens.

Something like that happens every time we try to go out. We don't even DARE go to a movie any more.  :rolleye:

Bopeye

I found it's not a good idea to try and "neck" at the movies anymore.........my wife popped me in the eye and folks behind me laughed...... :innocentwhistle:
I told them to Bite me and adjust their false teeth......... :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

vvarmitr

Quote from: DirtyDog on March 15, 2008, 10:46:55 AM
Something like that happens every time we try to go out.
Well maybe it's you?  :shrug:  Honestly. :shrug:
I always try & set the stage when CK & I go out.  Mostly, if I hadn't had this waitress before I'll ask her when she first approaches us is if she knows of a good resturant to eat at, my wife & I are starved.  Then laugh at their reply like you think they are quite witty.  That generally gets things off on a good foot.  :wink:

If things are going south then get the Manager & ask for a diifferent waitress or a different table.  You came there to be served not to tip the waitresses.

my $.02

Ladobe

Don't let them get away with it.   Low pay service type employee's not caring enough to do a good job is just another piece of the "could care less attitudes" of most people in the world now days, especially the younger folks.   Go figure as most of their income comes from tips.   

I'm from the other side of the fence when I go to a restaurant.   Once I've been served, I don't want to see the waiter/waitress again until I ask for the check or ask because I need something.   Nothing is more rude and irritating when trying to enjoy a meal and conversation with another than a server stopping by your table every 2 minutes, butting into your conversation to ask if everything is OK.    Most do it unconsciously, not because they are trying to give you good service.   Have learned to politely tell them at the time I place my order that once served I don't want to see them again unless I wave them over.   Even so, few can stop that "mechanical action" of intruding.    Waiters/waitresses  don't get a tip from me at all if they don't stay away as asked - and are told why.   If they do and the meal was acceptable they get a big tip. 

If nothing else, it's saved me a lot of money in tips wasted on those who have not earned it - and I live in the Capital of Tipping.

L.
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

MDM

DD your in the Boro, next time just go to Toots. The wait is worth it  :wink:

DirtyDog

I'd rather go to Hooters.....the girls at Toot's are quite a bit younger.  :rolleye:

MDM

hey hey hey they are just trying to make their way through college dont hate on the cause they are young