• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

"Mr. Hog went a Courtin!...

Started by HuntnCarve, August 26, 2009, 09:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

A flash of gray down near HH1 caught my attention as I walked past the deck door.  Due to its waddling gait, I played a hunch that it was a Silver backed chuck, and went for the .22 Mossberg.   Sliding open the screen door, I was just able to capture the sight of a chunky chuck slipping into the davenport of HH1.  Pausing a moment to make sure he was not checking his back trail, I quietly sidled out onto the deck, and took a prone position, scope locked on the hole.  After about 5 minutes, the chuck came topside for a brief look around.  The shot was not there, so I held off as he strolled about the edge of the hole, perhaps looking to see if it had a swimming pool?
Finally, he turned broadside.  A short whistle locked him in the shot position I was waiting for.  Placing the crosshairs just behind his ear, I pressed the trigger.  Through the scope I watched as the 29 grain lead slug plowed into him right at the point of aim.  He rolled hard to his left, and stuck all four legs straight out!  I watch through the scope for a brief period of time, debating whether or not to swat him with another, as he was giving sporadic jerks?  Walking down the hill, I approached him from the front, rifle loaded and ready for action.  When he moved his head a bit, I smacked him with another CB point blank in the skullcap.  End of story!
     I found him to be a battle scared male, with fresh bites along his rump, and old scars on the inside of his legs.  Seems he must have been looking for some “lady fare”?  Perusing the Honey Holes searching for some “red light” action!  Well, he learned quickly enough that I don’t run that type of operation!  So here’s No. 12 on the Honey Hole guest book.   â€œWe’ll leave the light on for ya!”

KySongDog

Great story!   :congrats:   Wow! You must be infested with those critters!    :eyebrownod:

JohnP

As usual great story and pictures.  However you are making me jealous.  All I can do now at my HH's is look and hope that an eagle, coyote, snake, etc takes care of my problem.  Can't find any CB's in the local gun store. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Silencer

QuoteI found him to be a battle scared male, with fresh bites along his rump, and old scars on the inside of his legs.  Seems he must have been looking for some “lady fare”?  Perusing the Honey Holes searching for some “red light” action!

:roflmao:  great series of Honey Hole posts !!!

FinsnFur

:laf: It's fun reading your stories :eyebrownod:
Yeah I agree with Semp, you must have one heck of a crop going on there. Are you breeding em?

I need me a shooting range like that.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

I believe the hedge row down below is sort of like a runway for them.  They come off the hills and using it for cover, follow it right to HH1 and HH2.  There are a lot of them in this area.  It's getting tougher and tougher to use high powered rifles around here due to all the new housing developments that have popped up.  I elect to use the .22 with CB's so as not to draw too much attention.  I know others are shooting them, cause I'll hear an occassional rifle shot echoing up the valley. 
My next door neighbor Greg, stuck one with an arrow years back.  It ran under our other neighbor wooden patio deck.  A few days later Chips smelled something reeking under his deck.  He pulled up a few boards and found a bloated hog!   He tossed it over onto Gregs yard and cussed him out!  I laughed and laughed!  Chip's is my old hunting buddy.  So I tease him about the incident every so often.  However,  every once and a while I'll get one that runs mortally wounded under Gregs shed :innocentwhistle:.  I'll tell Chip's about it, and he'll just smile???   :wo: I just figure the skunks will handle them?  -Then later on, I'll take care of the skunks!  I got ten two years back.  It must have been a regular "Alquida" skunk stronghold under there!  All in a days work!

Thanks for the approval guys!  I'll keep you all informed on the "Saga of the Honey Holes"...

Hawks Feather

It does seem that Dave has an unending supply of targets that I wish I had as well.  Till then, I will just have to continue to live vicariously through Dave.

Jerry

Yotehntr

:highclap:  Great read and pics Dave! Keep 'em coming!  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

alscalls

Lucky 13 should be interesting.......... :eyebrow:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Love these hunting epics every time I open one :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.