• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Protecting your identity online

Started by FinsnFur, December 14, 2009, 10:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

With the increasing number of online threats targeting computers, it is vital to be proactive and take necessary precautions in protecting your identity and the personal information stored on your computers.

Learn to recognize an attack and avoid falling for the bait that puts your computer at risk. Educate yourself and understand how criminals work online. Continually take steps to improve your computer’s protection while minimizing the risk of online identity theft.

* Install virus protection software on all the computers in your home; keep it up-to-date. Criminals always target the weakest link, so it is not enough to only have it running or updated on one of the computers.
    * Ensure all the patches for your operating system and other software programs are regularly installed and up-to-date.
    * Do not open files or emails, click on hyperlinks, or download programs from people or Web sites you do not know.
    * Use firewall programs to stop uninvited access to your computers and enable the firewall on your home router.

The list of steps you can take to protect yourself online can be time intensive. However, it’s been proven (by businesses large and small) that a good security practice involves applying the solution in layers, thereby ensuring if one element fails you still have protection. When factoring in the cost of falling victim to identity theft, these steps are worth the time and effort involved.

Learn more about securing your computer and protecting your identity online.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

FinsnFur

I accidentally named two of them the same.
I had 3 posts I wanted to make, was spell checking them in word and got tangled up apparently.

I correctly renamed the other topic in here. :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com