• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

DPMS Sweet Sixteen package for sale

Started by possumal, September 25, 2012, 04:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Fellows, I am selling this DPMS Sweet Sixteen AR-15 in 223 caliber for my middle son, Vincent. He feels he has so many family responsibilities that he won't get to hunt enough to justify having it.  It has the Burris Fullfield II scope, 4.5 x 14 x 42, with ballistic plex reticle, tactical mount, two stage trigger, deluxe strap, and a tactical carry case that will hold two rifles, and the factory hard case.  The rifle has been shot less than 200 times and is in excellent like new condition. Best of all, it is a real shooter. The target included was shot by me on Sunday, September 9, at 100 yds on my bench rest, and was shot what I describe as hunting speed, settle and shoot, settle and shoot.  The first shot hit a briar and deflected low left, but the other 9 shots were outstanding with Hornady Super Performance 53 grain ammo.  Later in the morning, I smoked two crows on the ground, one at 175 yds and the other at 189 yds, nothing but wing feathers and frame left, and killed a nice male coyote at 245 yds, DRT that afternoon before rain set in.  Vincent does not want to break the package up since it is so well matched up.  $1,250.00 money order or Cashier's check will deliver this fine hunting rifle to your FFL holder of choice.  This is a ready to go rifle and represents what I'd call an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants a package ready to hunt with now.

Here are the pictures of the target and the package:

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Bopeye

Sweet looking rig. Does he still have it for sale? Is it a 1:9 twist on the barrel?
I am wanting to buy another AR-15 as I don't believe you can have too many. I only have a couple right now and could use a couple more for sure. I use 55 grain and 62 grain bullets. Does he reload or is the 53 grain fairly easy to find?
Shoot me an email if you like hobie66@ymail.com or give me a call, if he still has this beauty for sale.

I won't be able to shoot it as well as you do, but I am hoping you have trained it well enough that it can keep some of it' old habits.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

centerfire_223

Think he would be interested in trading it for a bolt gun. I have several to pick from if he is interested.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

possumal

No, he would keep this gun if he were able to hunt, as he feels it is as good a coyote hunting package as he could ever put together.  It is a real tack driver and likes every kind of load and factory shell we have shot through it.  It shoots the Hornady Superperformance 53 grain so good though that it is hard to justify reloading this particular gun.     I took it out 3 Sundays ago, and killed two crows, one at 175 yds and one at 183 yds, with them walking. Most of you know how hard it is to time your shot under those circumstances, but it turned both of them to nothing but feathers.  Then before a rainstorm, I called in a big pair of coyotes, and shot the male at 245 yds, DRT.  Chest shot facing me, no exit, total devastation inside.

Thanks for your interest.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

possumal

This rifle sold today to a really nice guy.  I hope he will enjoy it.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff