• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

F/S BOREALIS 1050 lumens rechargeable flashlight

Started by watchmaker, September 12, 2007, 01:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watchmaker

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO MY FRIENDS AND FORUM STAFF

I HAVE THE BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS FLASHLIGHT IN BLACK, BLUE, RED, JADE, SILVER AND CAMO

PLEASE ORDER EARLY FOR THE HOLIDAYS

THE ROYAL BOREALIS WITH CRENELLATED SS BEZEL AND QUICK DETACH SWIVEL

THE BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS AT 35 YARDS

VISIT MY WEB SITE AT
WWW.BLACKBEARFLASHLIGHTS.COM
OR E-MAIL ME AT
ADMIN@BLACKBEARFLASHLIGHTS.COM

BEST REGARDS
BLACK BEAR

Black Bear Flashlights is not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc., which owns the famous MAG family of trademarks, including MAG-LITE®, and MINI-MAGLITE®,
trademarks in the distinctive shape, style and overall appearance of its flashlights, and in the circumferential inscriptions around the face caps of all of Mag
Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only. Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,
endorsed, approved or recommended by Mag Instrument, Inc.

Builder of the Borealis flashlight

watchmaker

HI GUYS
MY WEBSITE
WWW.BLACKBEARFLASHLIGHTS.COM
HAVE AN OUTLOOK SYSTEM FOR THE E-MAIL CONTACT

I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE OUTLOOK SYSTEM
IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SOME NEW COMPUTERS
(INCLUDING MY OWN COMPUTER)

PLEASE, FOR INFORMATION ON MY LIGHTS
E-MAIL ME DIRECT AT:
admin@blackbearflashlights.com

thank you for looking
and
HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON

watchmaker

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
FROM WWW.BLACKBEARFLASHLIGHTS.COM

TO COMPLETE THE CHRISTMAS COLORS THE BOREALIS IS NOW AVAILABLE IN GREEN

BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS ROLLS ROYCE
$320 WITH CHARGER AND SHIPPED

I can make them in black, silver, blue, red, jade, digital camo, woodland camo and now, green

PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT
for more information

thank you for looking
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Black Bear Flashlights is not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc., which owns the famous MAG family of trademarks, including MAG-LITE®, and MINI-MAGLITE®,
trademarks in the distinctive shape, style and overall appearance of its flashlights, and in the circumferential inscriptions around the face caps of all of Mag
Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only. Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,
endorsed, approved or recommended by Mag Instrument, Inc

watchmaker

good News For The Borealis 1050 Lumens
I Found A New Bulb
This Is 750 Lumens For 75 Minutes
Still Superlative Output And A Longer Run Time.

Or The Traditional 1050 Lumens For 50 Minutes

You Can Order It Any Way You Want
And As I Supply A Spare Bulb You Can Make It The 750 Lumens Or The 1050 Lumens

Borealis, A Hand Made Light, Now With More Options

And If You Want To Dress The Borealis, We Still Have Stainless Steel Crenelated Bezels And Quick Detach Swivels.

www.blackbearflashlights.com
E-mail admin@blackbearflashlights.com

Made Personally By Black Bear

watchmaker

NEW BULB FOR THE BOREALIS FLASHLIGHT
750 LUMENS FOR 75 MINUTES

As you may know the Borealis 1050 lumens flashlight is the most powerful military/police flashlight in use today.
The Borealis will make 1050 lumens for 50 minutes on rechargeable batteries. Now a new bulb is available which will run the light for 75 minutes with a drop of only 300 lumens.

Lights in use by police today are the Magcharger, the Stingers, the SL 20 up to 200 lumens, the Ultra Stinger-295 lumens, the Pelican 7060-135 lumens, and the Fenix TK series up to 240 lumens.
Military forces use a variety of Surefires as weapon lights with 120 lumens and hand held like the Surefire M-4, 350 lumens and the Surefire M-6 at 500 lumens.

So, the above statement of the Borealis been the most powerful is not an exaggeration, many are been used daily by police and many are doing tour of duty in Afghanistan and Iraq.

What the new bulb does is extend the run time to 75 minutes without reducing drastically the output.
As no other duty flashlight with the same lumens is available, I decided to conduct a shoot out against a big two million candlepower spotlight, the one at hand was an almost new Brikmann Q beam Max million II (two million candlepower) with a reflector of five inches wide and a big bulb of 75 watt.
All this in competition to a bean sized 30 watt bulb and two inch reflector of the Borealis.

DAVID AND GOLIATH

FIVE INCH VERSUS TWO INCH

This particular Borealis has a Light Stippled reflector, a reflector designed to give a good balance between flood and throw, but given the semi custom character of the Borealis three other reflectors are available, smooth for maximum throw, orange peel for just a little less throw but more flood (also called side spill) and a medium stippled reflector designed for a big flood but with the range limited to 100 yards.

As the night was bitterly cold I decided to take the pictures and shoot the beams right out of my second story kitchen window, with the short tripod legs resting in the kitchen sink.

The target is the white and blue cabana which is the second building in the picture after the fence.
The target is 74 yards from my window, with back trees as much as 85 yards (they are still visible with both lights).
Due to the big reflector in the spot light, the beam is concentrated in the center of the picture and illumination from the side spill is not as great as it is with the Borealis 750 lumens bulb.

Observe both pictures and you will see more area illuminated by the Borealis 750 lumens bulb, than is illuminated by the two million candlepower spotlight.
Still the intensity of both beams is similar at the center of the target area.

Q-BEAM MAX TWO MILLION

BOREALIS 750 LUMENS 75 MINUTES BULB

In conclusion the new Borealis bulb of 750 lumens is worthy for those that will want a run time of 75 minutes. Even after loosing 300 lumens the Borealis still is the most powerful flashlight used by the police and the military.

The light can be ordered with the 1050 lumens bulb installed and the spare as the 750 lumens or vice-versa.  You can also order the reflector most appropriate for you work, the only light in the Industry that offers you a choice of four reflectors.

Cheers.

Watchmaker

watchmaker

BOREALIS CHOICE OF COLORS

HI GUYS,

I HAVE THE BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS ROLLS ROYCE, IN SEVERAL COLORS.

BLACK, SILVER, RED, BLUE, PURPLE AND CAMO

PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT

I ALSO HAVE A FEW LEFT OF THE STAINLESS STEEL CRENELLATED BEZEL TO MATCH TO THE SILVER BOREALIS

THANKS FOR LOOKING

watchmaker

ENELOOPS
NEW BATTERY OPTION FOR THE
BOREALIS

I offer another option for the Borealis, you can have it with the POWEREX 2700 mah batteries, that provide 50 minutes run time (extended up to 60 minutes after several charges/discharges cycles, as the batteries gain capacity with use).

Or you can ask for the new Sanyo Eneloop batteries that are very low self discharge, keeping up to 85% of the charge after 12 months if the light is stored or without use.

The only thing is that the Eneloop are only 2000 mah, reducing the run time to 35 minutes.
For most of my law enforcement customers that recharge the light almost every day, as they use it every night, the POWEREX 2700 mah makes more sense.

But for those civilians that want to have the light for emergencies, and left the light in the shelf for several months, the Eneloop batteries are a good option as the light will retain up to 85% of the charge even after 12 months.

INFORMATION

SANYO's next-generation nickel metal hydride battery ‘eneloop’.
Batteries have a property to release the stored energy in small amounts (this phenomenon is called ‘self-discharge’). This property is particularly noticeable in rechargeable batteries such as Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries etc. as compared to dry cell batteries, hence disabling rechargeable batteries from becoming batteries that ‘customers can use immediately after purchase’. For this reason, rechargeable batteries couldn’t be used unless charged after purchase and so lagged behind dry cells in convenience. This new product’s main property is that it has introduced great improvements in self-discharge properties (residual ratio after one year of non use is 85%*4, in temperature conditions of 20 degree Celsius according to SANYO research). Through this breakthrough development, SANYO has realized a rechargeable battery that can challenge dry cell batteries in user-friendliness through features such as making possible use immediately after purchase or once charged, its ability to be used anytime.
Low self-discharge - the key-advantage
What makes the eneloop unique?
The key-advantage of the eneloop compared to usual rechargeable batteries is its extremely low self-discharge.

Retains Capacity... Even After 12 Months
Once charged, eneloop retains its charged capacity even after 6 or 12 months of storage
(90% of Charged Capacity retained after 6 months, 85% Capacity after 12 months).
eneloop batteries are pre charged and is ready for immediate use after purchase, straight from the pack. Just like Primary Batteries. There is no need to charge-before-use.
Comparison of remaining capacity over time

Once charged, eneloop keeps its charge even if you store it for 6 or 12 months.
( 90 per cent of the charge after 6 months, 85 per cent after 12 months )
For a rechargeable battery this is a revolutionary advantage.
No more worries about the state of charge of your battery.
Just, charge them and keep them.
Even after months you will still have an almost fully charged battery.
In contrast to a disposable battery the eneloop can be charged 1000 times. This saves the environment and your purse.
Thus one eneloop saves the waste of 999 disposable batteries.

How was the self-discharge reduced?

Modern Ni-MH batteries consist of two metal stripes ( anode and cathode ),  which are separated by a non-conductive porous plastic foil ( separator ).
These three stripes are laid on top of each other and are winded to a coil.
This coil is put in a metal can and immersed with a liquid ( electrolyte ). 
Then the metal can is closed with a cap. 

The self discharge of Ni-MH batteries is caused by three main reasons: 
   the chemical decomposition of the cathode,
   the natural disaggregation of the anode,
   Impurities of the anode.

Now, how could the self-discharge in the eneloop been reduced?

The chemical decomposition of the cathode has been reduced substantially by the use of a new super lattice alloy.
As an additional benefit the super lattice alloy increases the electrical capacity of the battery and reduces the internal resistance, which allows higher discharge currents. 
Another advantage of the reduced decomposition of this alloy is the fact, that less Cobalt is needed to stabilize the alloy.
The anode has been strengthened by another new material, which reduces the natural disaggregation. 
Additionally the separator and the used electrolyte have been optimized for low self discharge of the eneloop
SANYO has been a market leader in nickel metal hydride batteries for the consumer market. The synergy of the following proprietary technologies of SANYO in developing high capacity products has made the successful development of ‘eneloop’ possible:
1. high-performance negative electrode ‘super lattice alloy’
2. make-up of battery material and battery plates
3. maintain quality despite being out of use for a long time

These are a few of the technologies that have helped contain self-discharge during the period for which the battery is not in use. Furthermore, it also inhibits voltage reduction even after a long period of being out of use.

ALL THE BEST
Watchmaker

watchmaker

HI GUYS

AS YOU KNOW I DON'T HAVE A FACTORY OR PRODUCTION LINE, AS I MAKE THE LIGHTS WITH MY OWN HANDS, ONE BY ONE.

AS THE HOLIDAYS APPROACH, I NEED YOUR COOPERATION BY ORDERING EARLY, AS EVEN WHEN I WORK 16 HOURS PER DAY MY OUTPUT IS VERY LIMITED.

PLEASE ORDER EARLY.

THE BOREALIS IS AVAILABLE IN BLACK, RED, SILVER, BLUE, JADE, WOODLAND CAMO OR DIGITAL CAMO.

THE BEAR CUB IS AVAILABLE IN BLACK OR PEWTER

I also have the new higly polished stainless steel bezel in two versions:
High, heavy with glow dots
and a low profile version with rounded crenelated.

High, heavy bezel with glow dots

Low profile bezel

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND ORDERING, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT
or  jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com

also visit my website at
www.BlackBearFlashlights.com

THANK YOU

or jcharles11784(at)Yahoo.com

watchmaker

WHEN A LUMEN IS NOT A LUMEN

A lumen is not a lumen when somebody intends to throw a big bunch of them out of a small reflector the size of a dime or nickel. At least it seems to be that way.
It used to be easy to tell the power of a light by the lumens figure, not anymore. You could be an experience user of lights, say a policeman that had used for years a 200 lumens Magchager and is well acquainted with its capabilities. Now he reads about this small light the size of a thumb that also outputs 200 lumens and is all excited to get the new marvel.
He does and is promptly disappointed because the small light seems to throw a good amount of light, but all close by, and is nothing that can compare with his duty Magcharger that can illuminate objects at 100 yards.

Besides emitters in the 200 lumens bracket can kill themselves with the heat that they produce when they are used in small lights with poor heat sinking. It is mostly a novelty thing and it should be used with caution. Some of them come in lights with multiple settings, and that is fine when the literature advice you to use the 200 lumens sparingly, and you follow that advice.

To illustrate the point, here are a couple of pictures of beam shots at 20 yards, you can clearly see the superiority of the Bear Cub (reflector size 2”) over the Lightstar 220, (reflector the size of a dime)  even when both lights are rated at 220 lumens.

LIGHTSTAR 220 LUMENS AT 20 YARDS

BEAR CUB 220 LUMENS AT 20 YARDS

Some manufacturers wishing to quote big numbers are now putting clusters of these small reflectors on duty size flashlights. Mind you these clusters that are from three to four are still all small reflectors with limited throw.
So, somebody putting a cluster of four reflectors in a big head can claim 800 lumens, but you know better now, knowing that those 200 lumens for each reflector are not really behaving like real lumens!

Unfortunately I don’t have one of those lights to prove the point. But I can get my own cluster of lights in the 200 lumens bracket, and demonstrate by picture what can you expect.
I have here two of the Lightstar220 lumens, plus a Fenix P3D of 205 lumens and an Ultra Fire with Rebel emitter of 200 lumens, all of which together in a cluster will throw the figure of 845 lumens.
The opposite number is a Black Bear 720 lumens flashlight, a light that is 10” long and weights 24 oz. and uses a 2” reflector that can throw several hundred of yards with a strong white light.

HERE IS THE PICTURE OF THE CONTENDERS

The distance for both beam shots is in this case 35 yards to the target (The no trespassing sign tacked in the tree). The camera is 20 yards from the target.

CLUSTER OF REFLECTORS 845 LUMENS

BLACK BEAR 720 LUMENS ONE REFLECTOR 2”

Observe how the beam of the 720 lumens light travels beyond the range of the cluster lights, illuminating objects that the cluster lights are not capable of showing.
So, if you are in the market for a new light, this use of small reflectors in clusters to boost lumens figures is something you should be aware off.

Cheers
The Bear Cub is $130 shipped
The Black Bear 720 lumens is $310 shipped
The Borealis 1050 lumens is $320 shipped

These are hand made lights, for more information please e-mail me at:
jcharles11784(at) yahoo(dot) com
Or at:
Also see my website at:
www.blackbearflashlights.com
Cheers and Happy Holidays

watchmaker

BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT

BY

The BOREALIS flashlight, this  is truly a revolutionary flashlight as it outputs 1050 lumens (the output of a truck high beam headlight or a two million candlepower spotlight) and with a run time of 50 minutes and all in the format of a 3 D light (12 ½ inches long 28 oz.)
The light is available as the BOREALIS model three with the Rolls Royce battery carrier in Black, Silver and Blue and cost $260.
It uses the RC FAST charger ($48) and the shipping Priority, Insured inside the USA is $12.

Or you can use your own Radio Control charger if is good for 12 volts.

THE HOST ADVANTAGE
Even that I cannot mention the name of the host for the BOREALIS everybody knows what this famous 3 D light is.
When introduced in the 80’s the host light was state of the art with innovation such as the self cleaning switch and others. The light cost in the 1980’s was $60.00 that it now cost around $20 is a miracle of modern production techniques, moreover the parts tolerances have been tightened and the light is anodized inside and out, threads are without play and the quality of this host is just amazing.
Which bring us to the advantage of using it for our BOREALIS light, and is that if the owner ever get bored with the color or need a new body, it will be available anywhere for less than $20 and that just 10 minutes of the owner’s time will change the special BOREALIS parts to the new host.

THE SPECIAL BOREALIS PARTS
The ROLLS ROYCE battery carrier is an amazing well constructed and engineered piece or art machinery, made of Delryn battery holders and aluminum positive and negative with steel main post it clamps the nine high current high capacity Nimhs cells without the need for springs that can fail, this carrier have an integral charging port in the negative end and all that is needed is a compatible charger. (I offer our own RC FAST charger if you don’t have one).

THE THICK WALLED SOLID ALUMINUM PARABOLIC REFLECTOR

It is another extraordinary piece of high quality machining and finished to perfection, it was designed to provide an excellent to outstanding beam (depending on finish and we offer four different coatings to custom the beam to the job).
SMOOTH, ORANGE PEEL, LIGHT STIPPLED OR MEDIUM STIPPLED
From maximum throw to an outstanding flood light we have the beam to cover your particular situation.

THE PYREX LENS
Thick and heat resistant to temperatures never achieved before, it is crystal clear and fairly unbreakable, the best that can be obtained.

THE SWITCH
Part of the switch is the self cleaning from the original host and the other part is our solution to the heat issues, with a base of solid aluminum, steel pillars that support a base of ceramic for the bi-pin super-bulb.
We have tested this switch to 75 watts without even getting closer to the ends of what it can take, (our Borealis’ super bulb is 35 watts)
The time expended in making this a very special switch with polished insides and Pro-Gold protection and enhancement for the best possible electricity transmission, have rewarded us with a switch with minimal internal resistance, thus delivering maximum voltage to the bulb and making it incredible bright, one of the reason why our BOREALIS have such a “crazy white” light without hint of yellow color in the beam.

THE BATTERIES
Are the best high current high capacity Nimhs obtainable, (Currently the Powerex 2700 mah)  they are famous for having less than half the self discharge of other famous Nimhs in the market.
Moreover, we give them two forming charges in the slow 12 hours charger, and match them for capacity in the La Crosse analyzer, thus giving them the ability to attain maximum capacity from the start and the ability to finish the charge exactly all together (white bright light for the entire run time).
The batteries and what we do to them is another important equation in our trademark of the “crazy white light”.

The recharging capability of the batteries will last for 1,000 times (according to the factory) that is 833 hours of run time before another pack of $30 is needed.
Just think about it, the next powerful light in the market is the Surefire M-6, using 6 disposables 123’s batteries for 20 minutes run time ($36 per hour).
Before the M-6 can run for 833 hours it will have spend $29,988 in batteries ($36 times 833).

THE BULB
It is not a flashlight bulb at all, but one used on medical instruments, it works with a voltage of 12 volts and its life is of 35 hours plus (same as Surefire lamps).
When it needs replacement the bi pin system is simplicity in itself, pull old one and push in the new one.
The BOREALIS include a spare bulb in the tail cap and extras are only $10.00 each.

THE OPTIONAL RC FAST CHARGER ($48)
If you don’t have a RC charger for 12 volts, I offer my RC FAST charger, that uses pulse and reverse pulse charging technology (it will not overheat your batteries) and has two charging settings, .9 amp for 3 hours or 1.9 amp for 1 ½ hours charging.

PRO-GOLD ENHANCEMENT
Every contact part of the flashlight is treated with PRO-GOLD solution, after cleaning it with DeOxit from Caig’s Laboratories.
This Pro-Gold is a contact enhancer and protector of surfaces that had proven to be without equal for the aid of electricity transmission.
It is playing a good part in our management of the internal resistance of the BOREALIS, together with a lot of attention to detail to make it a more efficient light and the best of what we can possibly do.

PLEASE VISIT OUR WEB SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Or e-mail me at:
jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com

Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only.  Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,

watchmaker

THE BEAR CUB
SMALL LIGHT BIG PERFORMANCE

Not long ago to get magnum illumination out of a flashlight, I had to drop down the tube, six of the big D batteries on a Maglite 6 D size.
That the light weights three pounds one ounce and measures 19 ½ inches was just incidental to the use if I wanted to get a really good, powerful beam.

Later Surefire come up with small lights that could take two and three or four small but powerful 123’s camera batteries, some of those lights, come up and surpass the 181 lumens of the big Maglite 6 D.
I am thinking now of the specialty tactical light than Surefire have as the M-4 that uses four of the 123 batteries for 225 lumens for one hour run time.
Incidentally the M-4 is not precisely inexpensive, costing $330 USD from Surefire or their dealers.

The only problem is that the little 3 volts batteries are quite expensive, and using four of them for one hour run time can cost you $8.00 for that hour.
And that is if you buy them at discount over the Internet, when purchased in the camera stores (such as Wal Mart) the little 3 volts batteries cost as much as $4 each.

So a light of the size of the Surefire M-4 (9 inches long) was highly desired if it could be made to run on rechargeable batteries, to avoid the big battery expense of the M-4.

Enter the Bear Cub, a nine inches light, with a 13 oz. weight that is rechargeable and uses Lithium Ion batteries.
This little light makes 220 lumens for 90 minutes of run time, and then recharges its two batteries with a fast charger that is included, in three and a half hours.
The Lithium Ion batteries can be recharged up to 1,000 times and when they eventually get depleted can be replaced with $30.

HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE  BEAR CUB LIGHT, NEXT TO THE SUREFIRE M-4.

AND HERE NEXT TO THE MAGLITE 6 D

And here a couple of beam shots at 26 yards for comparison.

MAGLITE 6 D

BEAR CUB

Yes the little rechargeable Bear Cub is characterized for an intense white light, and a run time of 90 minutes, all in a small size that can fit in any glove compartment or trench coat pocket.
Best Wishes

watchmaker

NEW BULB FOR THE BOREALIS FLASHLIGHT
750 LUMENS FOR 75 MINUTES

As you may know the Borealis 1050 lumens flashlight is the most powerful military/police flashlight in use today.
The Borealis will make 1050 lumens for 50 minutes on rechargeable batteries. Now a new bulb is available which will run the light for 75 minutes with a drop of only 300 lumens.

Lights in use by police today are the Magcharger, the Stingers, the SL 20 up to 200 lumens, the Ultra Stinger-295 lumens, the Pelican 7060-135 lumens, and the Fenix TK series up to 240 lumens.
Military forces use a variety of Surefires as weapon lights with 120 lumens and hand held like the Surefire M-4, 350 lumens and the Surefire M-6 at 500 lumens.
So, the above statement of the Borealis been the most powerful is not an exaggeration, many are been used daily by police and many are doing tour of duty in Afghanistan and Iraq.

What the new bulb does is extend the run time to 75 minutes without reducing drastically the output.
As no other duty flashlight with the same lumens is available, I decided to conduct a shoot out against a big two million candlepower spotlight, the one at hand was an almost new Brikmann Q beam Max million II (two million candlepower) with a reflector of five inches wide and a big bulb of 75 watt.
All this in competition to a bean sized 30 watt bulb and two inch reflector of the Borealis.

DAVID AND GOLIATH

FIVE INCH VERSUS TWO INCH

This particular Borealis has a Light Stippled reflector, a reflector designed to give a good balance between flood and throw, but given the semi custom character of the Borealis three other reflectors are available, smooth for maximum throw, orange peel for just a little less throw but more flood (also called side spill) and a medium stippled reflector designed for a big flood but with the range limited to 100 yards.

As the night was bitterly cold I decided to take the pictures and shoot the beams right out of my second story kitchen window, with the short tripod legs resting in the kitchen sink.
The target is the white and blue cabana which is the second building in the picture after the fence.
The target is 74 yards from my window, with back trees as much as 85 yards (they are still visible with both lights).
Due to the big reflector in the spot light, the beam is concentrated in the center of the picture and illumination from the side spill is not as great as it is with the Borealis 750 lumens bulb.
Observe both pictures and you will see more area illuminated by the Borealis 750 lumens bulb, than is illuminated by the two million candlepower spotlight.
Still the intensity of both beams is similar at the center of the target area.

Q-BEAM MAX TWO MILLION

BOREALIS 750 LUMENS 75 MINUTES BULB

In conclusion the new Borealis bulb of 750 lumens is worthy for those that will want a run time of 75 minutes. Even after loosing 300 lumens the Borealis still is the most powerful flashlight used by the police and the military.

The light can be ordered with the 1050 lumens bulb installed and the spare as the 750 lumens or vice-versa.  You can also order the reflector most appropriate for you work, the only light in the Industry that offers you a choice of four reflectors.

Cheers.

Watchmaker

Black Bear Flashlights is not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc., which owns the famous MAG family of trademarks, including MAG-LITEÃ,®, and MINI-MAGLITEÃ,®,
Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only.  Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,

watchmaker

THIS IS A POST COMPARING THE BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS WITH OTHER POWERFUL POLICE LIGHTS

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE
E-MAIL ME AT

THE BOREALIS FLASHLIGHT
1050 LUMENS

Five years ago the Borealis flashlight was conceived to be the most powerful military/police flashlight in the world. At 1050 lumens the beam of light is very similar to a two million candlepower spotlight, all that power cased in a 12 ½ inches long, 28 oz. light, that will run for 50 minutes before needing a recharge. Then the light uses a fast RC charger that does the job of recharging the high current batteries in 90 minutes.

Five years ago everybody was in awe of the Surefire M-6, a military/police light that makes 500 lumens for 20 minutes run time on six disposable 123’s batteries, at a cost of almost $12 per twenty minutes run.
When the agency pays for the batteries, all is well, but for the civilians that wanted to have those mega lumens of light, there was no option. Black Bear Flashlights wanted to produce a rechargeable light that surpassed the M-6 and still be affordable for those with mortgages and families, and the result was the Borealis 1050 lumens flashlight.

The light was conceived to make use of the Maglite 3 D  shell that is available anywhere, that way after years of hard use, the shell can be replaced for less than $20 USD and in ten minutes of the owner’s time.
The super-bulb that is almost 3 ½ amps needs some very powerful batteries; those nine AA batteries of high current are housed inside a Rolls Royce battery carrier that has also a charging port on the negative side. Plugging the RC fast charger in this port for 90 minutes, will recharge the powerful AA Nimh batteries.

THE ROLLS ROYCE BATTERY CARRIER AND THE RC FAST CHARGER

The Borealis also has some especial components to cope with the increased heat from the bulb. A ceramic switch/bulb holder, a solid aluminum reflector and a Pyrex lens, take care of the high temperature issue.

The BOREALIS is the highest intensity incandescent flashlight available in the market. Some HID’s lights throw more lumens, but those are considered searchlights and not flashlights; as a HID can take as much as 30 seconds to start up, they are NOT instantaneous as the incandescent flashlights are.

HERE ARE SOME COMPARISON BEAM SHOTS AT 35 YARDS WITH THE MOST POWERFUL MILITARY/POLICE FLASHLIGHTS.
THE CONTENDERS FROM LEFT;
MAGLITE 3 D, MAGCHARGER, ULTRA STINGER, SUREFIRE M-6, AND BOREALIS

MAGLITE 3 D (the most popular police flashlight)

MAGCHARGER

ULTRA STINGER

SUREFIRE M-6

BOREALIS  RECHARGEABLE

Black Bear Flashlights spends several hours on each light working on fixing all the internal resistance issues and pro-gold all contacts and components for an increased conductivity. This results in their trademark of intense WHITE light as more voltage reaches the super-bulb. This bulb is not a flashlight bulb, but one made for powerful medical instruments.

THE BOREALIS ROYAL MODEL, WITH THE NEW LOW PROFILE STAINLESS STEEL CRENELLATED BEZEL AND QUICK DETACH SWIVEL.

Police officers have adopted the Borealis for its tremendous throw and flood capabilities; hunters have abandoned their spotlights for the easy carrying of the Borealis, and civilians looking for a powerful light for the car or for home defense are flocking to the Borealis flashlight.

watchmaker

watchmaker

watchmaker

Thank you for looking
for more information
e-mail me at

watchmaker