• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

RRA 300 Whisper AR Ad

Started by DirtyDog, April 18, 2008, 08:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

i foinf this ad and thought it might be something someone from this area might be interested in.

300 Whisper

bigben

I am wondering what is this .300 whisper good for other then punchin holes in paper?  I read the article about it in american rifleman there the other day and that seems to be it.  I hope they did not create a centerfire HMR round?
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

DirtyDog

Ask CCP.....I think he uses this round.

Kuipdog

From what I know, TC has been chambering it for years in the contender and encore. I guess it makes a hell of a deer cartridge.

CCP

It says it is a 1-9 twist. The 1-8 twist is better for the heavier bullets.

QuoteI am wondering what is this .300 whisper good for other then punchin holes in paper?

It is good for killing about anything. I have been shooting this cartridge at coyotes for several years. Killed at least 40 coyotes with it and have never lost one. Load it with 110vmax or 130g spire point pistol bullets from Hornady and it will flat out kill coyotes from any angle you shoot them. Load it with 125g or 150g Noslers and kill deer all day long. load it with 180 t0 220g round nose bullets and you have one hell of a good brush cartridge. Load it at subsonic velocities and have one hell of a good time.

Other advantages

low report
low recoil
See your hits
Able to hold M.O.A. from all weights of bullets. ( sub or supersonic)

It was designed for the military for sniping people out to 200 yards in subsonic. I am not in the military so I snipe coyotes with it.

Here is a post with a little more on the cartridge.
Whisper post
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net