• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

This winters ice fishing pics

Started by FinsnFur, March 16, 2023, 08:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Thats all of em! :shrug:

I never even dug out my ice fishing gear once to consider going. I never heard any good reports of anyone doing any good, so I just had no further interest for some reason.
I kept thinking about setting out there not catching anything and thinking about all the other things I could or should, be doing instead.   :laf:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Well, all I can say is that 'the BIG one' did not get away!

JohnP

Jim - I can sympathize with you as I feel the same.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 16, 2023, 08:06:09 PMThats all of em! :shrug:

I never even dug out my ice fishing gear once to consider going. I never heard any good reports of anyone doing any good, so I just had no further interest for some reason.
I kept thinking about setting out there not catching anything and thinking about all the other things I could or should, be doing instead.  :laf:

A part of that reluctance to go out as we age, is wisdom:  if experience tells us the odds of success are too low to make it worth the effort, we learn to do something more worthwhile and enjoyable. That's not all bad, though I wish we all had the unmeasured headlong pursuit we had as young men, with just a smidge of the wisdom we have now!  :laf:

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on March 17, 2023, 09:52:12 PM

I kept thinking about setting out there not catching anything and thinking about all the other things I could or should, be doing instead.  :laf:

A part of that reluctance to go out as we age, is wisdom:  if experience tells us the odds of success are too low to make it worth the effort, we learn to do something more worthwhile and enjoyable. That's not all bad, though I wish we all had the unmeasured headlong pursuit we had as young men, with just a smidge of the wisdom we have now!  :laf:

I think we get lazy. :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on March 18, 2023, 09:57:47 PM
Quote from: Okanagan on March 17, 2023, 09:52:12 PM

I think we get lazy. :shrug:

For sure! :wink:

bigben

A couple buddies wanted to go fishing this winter on the ice.  Last year was the first year in a while we could here around home.  This year we had ice on one local lake for about a week and most of that was iffy.  one side of the small lake was good and the other was open.  Honestly with the price of fuel oil I was more then happy to not spend anytime out on the ice.  I spent a good bit of january out hunting with the flintlock instead. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.