• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

By By Ashe tree

Started by Coyotes-R-Us, April 03, 2021, 06:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyotes-R-Us

​
My boy you all know has been one with a chainsaw for closes to 30 years.
BLM Fire guy first now Forest service.
He cuts trees in his sleep.
He had an ASH tree in front of his house that has slowly Dyeing and has wanted to get rid of it for years. It was one trunk for only 3 feet then branched into three. TWO of which had grown way OVER his house and garage. One day distend, to come inside and join them for dinner. With all the Big winds we have been having it was becoming a bigger priority. We gave up a day of fishing to take this beast on. One trunk was easy the weight was well over the front yard an easy drop. The next one was actually closer to the house and would have been a better candidate to be last. He wanted to use it as a pivot and weight balance for the third branch trunk. He's the boss. We hooked on with my Ditch pig a 1" diameter kinetic snatch rope, attached it to one ATV, and put a bunch of strain on it. He made the first cut like a surgeon, then took out a wedge to tip the tree in the proper direction. Then the back cut as the kinetic energy put a steady pull on the tree towering over his living room. As it started to move away from the house I took the other ATV with a rope hooked to a slide on the pig rope and gave a gentle pull to the left Making the branch pivot around and fall precisely in the right spot. Not just the right area put the exact SPOT!

Now the hard one, very bad spot, and the largest part. He lines us up for the next pull. A little adjustment and we were in the right spot according to him. This HAD to work or we had a BIG problem. He lines up the first incision cuts little looks and has me move a few Inches forward and cuts some more, then the wedge was taken out. It's all or nothing now, can't stop go go go. We both put some power on, and he let the wood chips fly. That tree looked like it had the hand of God guiding it to the ground. ABSOLUTELY perfect!!!

WOW! Dang that will make you Pucker.
He gave a little smile and said Wow, we have a bunch of firewood...

I have seen him do this before, and am amazed every time.​
old is the new young

nastygunz

I've been cutting trees since I was a young fella in the wilds of Vermont and two things I don't do is cut them around houses or powerlines!

Hawks Feather

I always enjoy watching someone with skills work.