• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

????

Started by remrogers, January 27, 2024, 09:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remrogers

Awfully quiet here.

Okanagan

Recovery mode safter the holidays,  :biggrin:  in more ways than one.

I've had some medical procedures done on my heart in the past couple of months.  They wanted to put in a new heart valve but that kind of caught me by surprise and I talked the doc into doing more tests. Kinda dumb on my part. We've done several more tests: blood stuff,  echo-cardio, treadmill, and about ten days ago they slid cameras into my veins (arteries?) in both my wrist and my neck.  They thread/slide those all the way to the heart and look things over from the inside on both left and right sides of the heart.

They found two blocked arteries, one of them not bad and the other totally blocked but my bod had already grown bypass arteries around the blockage, so fixed itself. 

More appointments down the road, and they still want to do a heart valve replacement, either open heart surgery or slide in a new valve through blood vessels starting from the groin.

It is prime bobcat calling time, but I haven't felt like going out in the wet cold.  We are back to our normal of 50 degrees and raining after 3 weeks of unusual cold and snow.  Cousins catching steelhead but I've stayed home. :laf:   

Everybody stay warm and dry!

Hawks Feather

Sorry to hear about your heart problems. My neighbor just had a valve and several arteries done about three weeks ago. She said that while she feels better than she did before the surgery, but also said that she sleeps a lot. Healing takes time. Prayers on the way for your future.

nastygunz

Been a strange winter here, much warmer than normal, a lot less snow than normal and has been raining off and on all winter. It's that time of the year I'm cruising the Internet looking at fishing gear, Lord knows I don't need anymore than I already have.

FinsnFur

Yikes Okanagan  Hopefully that plays out. Does not sound fun at all  :sad:

I been busy keeping up with web clients.
A friend from Ohio some of you may know (JD Piatt) started a business raising coyotes and creating audio files from them to sell for Electronic callers.
It was such a success that one of the Ecallers companies wanted exclusive rights to them  :laf:
He played along $$ but has recently pulled out and we are building him a site to sell the sounds from publicly.
Being the time of year that it is...things have been crazy busy for this. :readthis:
https://bustinfur.com
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Thats pretty unique.

bigben

Thats pretty cool jim.

Hunting season is pretty much over here in pa.  Small game is still in for a bit yet.  Sat looking for skwirls but after a few misses I stopped.  Need to reverify zero on my .22 as some should be dead. 

Been shooting a lot of indoor archery and hoping it works in my favor when I move outside to 3d again.  other then that just work and hanging out with the wife and dog when I can. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.