• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A few spring ADC pic's

Started by keekee, May 09, 2008, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Been getting alot of calls sense the weather broke here. Allot of Groundhogs under houses and buildings, Coons, and a few spring Beaver calls starting to come in now. Also allot of bird calls to. Here is a few pictures that I snapped and thought you all might like a look at......

Here is a few baby groundhogs, I took two different pairs of adults out from under this house, then went under and got the little ones. These were big enough that they would bite you and hold there ground even at this young age.

I just finished up a spring Beaver job yesterday and took out the dam. These two had set up home in a small creek and backed the water up into a farmers crop field.

First one was the Male......

Second one was the Female......

Brent

Brad H

Good to see you've been staying busy, Brent.

Those ground hogs sound like mean little bastards. :holdon:

Cool pics!!

Brad

FinsnFur

DUDE!, Those baby Ghogs make awesome Northern Pike bait  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Hawks Feather

I bet you wish you would have trapped those beaver a couple of months back.  How much are groundhog hides going for down there?  I might be able to get a few skinned out to send you.   :wink:   I don't know what your plans are for the little groundhogs are, but I used to sell adult ones to coon hunters.

Jerry

KySongDog

Great pictures, Brent!  But we are going to have to work on your smile a bit.   :biggrin:   There will be plenty of time to frown when that rotator cuff surgery comes along.   :eyebrownod:

possumal

Damn, Brent, you be sure to leave Dixie in the truck when you go around those beavers.  One of those big bastards might put a serious hurt on her.  I'll bet she'd try him though.  Great pictures, thanks for sharing!! :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

QuoteBut we are going to have to work on your smile a bit.

:confused:  Uuhhmmm  that is Brent's smile.  :laf: :laf:

Good work Brent!! Except you just took out 10 summertime targets.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

:shck:  Look at the size of those beavers!.  :yoyo:

Keep up the good work.  :wink:  :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

Hey those are cool pic Brent. Are ya getting a lot of calls for the ADC work?

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Hey I want your job. :laf:  Looks good. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

keekee

YA, just noticed that....Should of smiled, I look like I'm a old grouch....lol...Lack of sleep I guess.

The fur on the beaver look fair, I skinned both of them and dropped them in the freezer. The groundhogs I only got one option. I cant sell them or relocate them under Ohio laws so........that makes about the 6 or 7th groundhog call this spring, seems they all moved to the city...lol...I can take a drive out threw the country and I'm luck if I shoot two all day.

Brad,

I believe I would rather tangle with a coon any day over a ground hog. You put them in a corner and they remind me of a badger. They can be handful and will bite you in a heart beat. They can be a pain to get out of a building or house. Trapping them is pretty easy though they love bananas. Its the ones you haft to go in after that suck...lol

Al,

I been getting Dixie out with me allot but not on the beaver jobs. I had to walk that one and couldn't get my truck down there so she stayed home. Had her out yesterday eve some to finish up the day, she is getting big and really starting to pay attention to what she is told. I'm very happy with her!

Todd,

We have done real well this spring! We are doing a big bird trapping and exclusion job for a food company now, and we already got a referral from them to do another building to. We also set them up on a preventative program and monthly building inspection. We are working on getting licenced in KY and WV, we have two pretty good size city's close that we can work when we get our licence there. That will let us work the tri state area. So things are going well and keeping us on the go!

Brent

Todd Rahm

Sounds cool Brent, that would be my dream retirment job.  :biggrin: