• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Experimenting

Started by pitw, January 23, 2017, 07:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Not me but the wife did this today with the dumbest dog created in the world.
Living poor means using what you have for fun and making life easier, but the wife likes him so shot he didn't get.  She has him with her when she feeds her horse and other critters.  Other day he grabbed the toboggan rope and pulled it so she came up with a cheap harness.

Which he had not chewed up by the time she came to show me.

Then she was off to see if he would haul feed and straw.

Sorry about the vid but she has a smart phone that is smarter than either of us.
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

Okanagan

Yep, looks excellent!

That sled and dog are made for grandkids.

FinsnFur

Now thats ingenuity  :eyebrow: Did she braid the harness herself?
The video turned out perfect, ya's did good.  If you want to fill the screen during playback instead of having those two black sections on each side. Turn your phone sideways when you record videos. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

If anything is braided then it was the wife or Donny.   
I told her about the sideways phone thingy after she sent me the video and I told her the sideways thingy which netted me  :doh2:.  She has now made one outta a hand me down but still needs some refinements.  He's pulling firewood to the house now too which is a real bonus for me. :biggrin:

pitw

HuntnCarve

Hopefully the dog did not get into that porky? :rolleye:

slagmaker

Hmmmmmm... A prick in a bucket.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

Nope it didn't get the dog and now with the porky 5 miles away it should be safer. :wo:

nastygunz

I am a porky relocator also, can't see killing something that slow and easy to do. Kind of interesting critters to.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on January 29, 2017, 07:02:49 AM
Nope it didn't get the dog and now with the porky 5 miles away it should be safer. :wo:

Wish you'd have marked that one some way to see if he comes back.  I'm just curious.  I have been in on removing quills from an aggressive hunting dog's mouth and it was miserable for all of the participants. 

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on January 29, 2017, 12:36:33 PM
Quote from: pitw on January 29, 2017, 07:02:49 AM

Wish you'd have marked that one some way to see if he comes back.  I'm just curious.  I have been in on removing quills from an aggressive hunting dog's mouth and it was miserable for all of the participants.

Clyde, I have marked other animals and even ma caught me painting a ruffed grouse purple once. :doh2:
Dogs can be tough to handle to remove quills and I even heard of a new way of holding the dog just yesterday.  A lady was telling me she used a ladder to hold the dog down and brought the head between the rungs.  Far worse is cattle :shock2: :sad3: :mad3:.  I've helped my cousin who had holsteins with one that musta rolled a huge porker for the full 40 acres they were on as she had near a thousand quills in her head.  By the time we were done she was absolutely berserk and never did quiet down again.  I helped with a horse that was about half as bad and then two weeks later one of dads bulls had a head full and my old man just said,"Try out your new 270" :whew: .  Living with them my whole life has been entertaining to say the least, you can pick up their front feet and lead them around.  Dad had one that was pretty much a pet that came to the house for cabbage in the winter.  One day we lead it in the house and were enjoying coffee with a couple neighbors when a car pulled in.  A knock on the door to which pap yelled, "Come in", we heard the door open and then close[we couldn't see the door from the kitchen table] and then we heard the car start up and drive away.  I remember old Reuben laughing so hard he almost swallowed his new teeth.

nastygunz

I have had some hunting dog and Porky Pine encounters myself. There's nothing like a big salty old male plott hound with a face full of Porky Pine quills that don't want you to touch him ha ha.

You should have advertise that one on craigslist as an African hedgehog, probably could've got two or $300 for him :yoyo: :innocentwhistle:💰💰💰💰💰