• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tell us about you!

Started by keekee, October 05, 2006, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Welcome aboard Silencer, and gobble gobble to you. I predict there will be a lot more "Owooooooooooooos" in your life in the years to come. Something about this coyote hunting that is really addictive.  Like Rich Cronk says, just the word "Coyote" stirs your blood up. :yoyo:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

awh

Welcome Silencer. Glad to see your involving the kids in our sports. Love to see them younglings out learning and enjoying something besides a video game. I haven't got to look at your clip yet as the work computer is set up to throw off bells and whistles. But I'll check it out this afternoon after Me and lil-man return from fishing. (I threw that in for you Stu... :biggrin:)
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

weedwalker

Welcome Silencer. Good to have you here. I think you'll like it.

Silencer

Thanks again for the welcome, I've read at one point or another most of yall's posts, just never chit chatted with ya's.

KySongDog

Welcome aboard, Silencer!  You'll soon figure out there are a few around here that don't have all their marbles in one sack.    Too many years of listening to the dyin rabbit blues, me thinks.   :biggrin:

Anyhoo, glad to meet ya!

Semp

awh

Quote from: Silencer on June 19, 2007, 02:35:08 PM
Thanks again for the welcome, I've read at one point or another most of yall's posts, just never chit chatted with ya's.

I want to apologize up front for those.., I plead temporary sanity.....LOL
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

HaMeR

:laf: @ ^^^^!!

Yep!! Welcome to FNF!! The place where every topic is serious!! :readthis:

Well,,,, at 1st anyhow!! :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

possumal

Newbomb: If you think you have heard plenty of b.s. at the fire station, wait until you mess with us a while!  :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

awh

I got to reading through this section and thought I'd better put something up since I never did when first coming in here.

I am Danny Hall. Born and raised in southwest Virginia. Been married twice, the first one refuses to move to that remote island & take her mother w/ her :argh:, The current and last wife puts up with me so I guess I'll keep her a while longer yet.(And if she read that I'll wear glasses for a week or so to hide the marks)
My family is what comes first in anything we do and I have two kids, Cam (AKA: Lil-man) (Turd) who just turned 9 and Tori who is getting ready to turn 16. Tori is from the first wife and spends most of her time with her mom. Cam is my hunting partner and fishing buddy. He is my shadow and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Have hunted as long as I can remember for just about anything that dad was in the mood to hunt. My dad was the person who tried to teach me and took me hunting & fishing. After he passed away I all but got out of the sport till Cam started asking to go. Since then I feel like I'm a kid again myself and we try to get out in the woods or on the water every chance we get. We got into predator hunting two years ago and took it hook line & sinker. Cam got interested in calling and we bought a Cass creak call and decided to try it out. First set, minutes after turning the thing on, a red fox runs over behind us. Hence the hook, line and sinker....LOL Took us several sets to finally get that fox, but the time we spent learning from our mistakes just got us more involved in the sport and showed me that this is something I want to do with him as it was a great father/son thing. Some sets we just sit and talk, never make the first call. Others we end up chasing the crows and squirrel's cause he changed his mind and wants to hunt something else that day(All legal of course)
I've deer hunted more than anything but would give up all the rest to keep the predator hunting. It's just a blast even if we don't see or shoot anything. I get to watch Cam learn, while I'm still learning, and that's why we are here. To have fun and learn about this great sport. Hat's off to each and everyone of you that has donated your time & input on everything to help all us still learning. Your a great bunch of people me and Cam calls friends. :highclap:

bigben

nice to see another pa boy here.  welcome
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

possumal

Hey Danny: That is great stuff about hunting with your son. Nothing can take the place of the quality time you spend in that environment with him. Teaching my grandson, who you see in my avatar, has been a blast and he is fast developing into about as good a hunting partner as you could ever ask for, and one hell of a coyote hunter at the same time.  I made him learn to call them in with mouth calls before we ever took the ecaller, and I feel that is what developed him the most. :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

There's another familiar name. Welcome to the site Silencer.
Cool little clip ya put together there.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Welcome Danny and Cam !!!

Good to have ya here

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bills Custom Calls

Welcome Vic!!!! Hope you enjoy it here
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

awh

Quote from: bnccont on June 19, 2007, 04:11:16 PM
Welcome Danny and Cam !!!

Good to have ya here

Wake up Bill. We've been here....LOL Been hitting the ketchup again huh??? :laugh2:

Gary in CA

Hello to the camp!  This is my first time logging into Jim's site though I've been lurking off and on over the last year. 

I've been shooting western coyotes for a while and I'm a long time member of Predator Callers of Orange County, CA, one of the SoCal predator clubs.  While my screen name is Nahuatl on a few other sites -  this one is easier to pronounce - and for some reason, easier to register.  I recently was asked to join the Minaska Pro Staff - and maybe you saw a few of my photos in the recent gear guide issue of Predator Xtreme Magazine in the Minaska advertisement.  While I still like a hand call at the beginning of a stand, I've got a couple of Bandits, an FX5, a WT, a JS 512, and several other custom callers that I use and abuse.  I particularly like electronic callers on long hunts where hunting solo and hand calling wears me out, and electronics help keep the attention off of me while I'm lifting a gun.  I can tell you what I think are the good and bad points of each - and I probably will at one time or another.

I'm not here to run down anyone or any thing or threadcrap anyones post - but I don't like nonsense or personal attacks either.  I like to keep it real.

For a long time, I used a rifle for hunting predators, especially at night hunting with spotlights in the CA southern Zone 2 and in Nevada - but the last two years I'm hunting more and more with a shotgun, and calling them close in broad daylight.   I'm in a real minority here, but I like using an over and under shotgun for many reasons, one of them is not the recoil - an O/U kicks like a mule.  My closest shot last year was 7 feet - and I managed to get 10 doubles hunting solo, a triple and a quad, and another 2 doubles with partners.  My daughter is also a coyote shooter.

Our season starts here in a couple of days and I look forward to asking a few questions, maybe trying to answer a few, and posting a few pics in the coming year.

Gary in CA

bowjunkie

welcome to the board Gary glad to see ya finally wondered over here  :congrats:

KySongDog

Nice to meet ya, Gary.    ;yes;

possumal

Hey Gary: Glad to see you come to a good forum, and glad to see about your Minaska appointment.  Is it alright if I still call you Nahuatl?  I know you must be busy getting ready for the start of your season out there in bear country.  I hope you can reach your goals this year without getting attacked by one of those desert coyotes like last year. That would be an example of calling them a bit too close for my tastes!  :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

awh

Welcome. You found a great site here. Lots of good folk to chat with.