• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tell us about you!

Started by keekee, October 05, 2006, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arse

I guess I never filled this out although I have been around for a little while.  Reading much but not posting.  Had an extremely busy summer.

I met quite a few of you at the LBL hunt last year.  My real name is Andrew, my site name, ARSE, caused quite a stir, unintentional on my part.  I guess I was pretty naive.  I have not been any other forum really.  I understand that it stands for ass.  I got it as nickname in college because I told my team mates ( I swam for Western Kentucky University (about 80 lbs. ago) what I thought about them, when I thought it.  Apparently, they would have appreciated a little more tact.  That is something that I have had to work long and hard to learn and am happy to report that I have.

I have a wife and 2 boys 4 and 7 month (part of my busy summer).  I am a packaging engineer at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana.  We build the Tundra, Sequoia, and Sienna.  We are the first and largest truck only plant for Toyota in the world.  We employee ~ 5,000 team member in an over 4 million square foot building (something like 80 acres).  I design and purchase all of the packaging that the parts travel to the plant in.  Picture engines (that Toyota makes in Alabama and West Virginia (nothing from Japan) they travel to the plant on a metal rack that has a bunch of attachments to allow for the engines to travel from AL and WV without getting damaged.  Everything that we package parts in is returnable.  All racks and tote (for bolts) get returned to the supplier and then refilled and sent back.  The rest of the story about my summer is that I worked to design and get built all of the packaging for the new Toyota Sequoia.

I enjoy the outdoors and have been coyote hunting for right around 1 year.  Still have not killed one while hunting for them.  I have killed one while deer hunting and also killed a bobcat this year.  I have been deer hunting for 7 years and learned most of what I know about it from Semp.  I am a bit of a gun nut.  I am always buying and trading for one thing or another.  I have been into 1911's lately and have a couple of Kimbers that I love. 

That is about it.

Hawks Feather

I missed the LBL, so good to know a little more about you.  Yea, 4, 2, and 7 months will keep you VERY busy.   :wink:

Jerry

vvarmitr

You're an engineer? :sarcas3:
If you're anything like the ones at work that would make you lazy, stupid, & a liar. :huh:
:wo: Ya hunt coyotes so your not lazy.
:wo: Ya buy Kimber 1911's so you're not stupid.
:wo: I haven't seen any pix of your deer, coyote, or bobcat so you could be a liar. :shck:
:roflmao: just ragging you Arse. Glad you're here. I've enjoyed your posts. :wink:

Bills Custom Calls

I need to send a big welcome out here. I hope it reaches a few pages back

Welcome to the site I know you will like it here lots of good info here and ya never know ya just might make a few friends.
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

MELSDAD

Quote from: vvarmitr on December 09, 2007, 04:55:22 PM
Welcome aboard 'Dad. :congrats:
I know the site you're talking about, registered on there myself. ;yes;  Woody made me do it. :sarcas3:

BTW what is geocaching? :confused:

Here it is in a nut shell:
Geocaching is a game/sport where you use a GPS receiver to locate hidden ammo cans in the woods and log your finds on this website http://www.geocaching.com/ check out the site and type in your zipcode. You will be amazed at how many are hidden close to home, there are probably some hidden in your local park, gamelands or any public areas.

MELSDAD

Thanks for the welcome everyone,

As far as my calls I have a cassette tape JS model 512 long range caller. as far as mouth calls go, I have several different distress calls from knight & hale, primos and a few I can't remember (there out in the truck) That is the only time I can practice my calling skills, while driving alone in my truck....LOL. I am hoping to take a crack at this in the next couple of weeks now that deer season is over.

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site otdrmn22250. You'll fit in just fine. Make yourself at home. :wink:

I'm going to split this thread right at your post and add it onto the thread running up in the Tailgate, titled Tell us about you, with the rest of the gangs introductions and then hopefully we wont have started a new trend to put em all in here.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

My name is Jim Carez. I am from  WV along the Ohio River not far from Marietta.  I just started hunting coyotes here in WV in March of last year.  I am a recently retired school teacher and I thought coyote hunting would be something I could do year round.  I also enjoy deer hunting and groundhog hunting.  So far I have done about 50 stands.  I have called in four coyotes.  The first two got away because I was too excited and didn't have the gun ready.  I finally killed one in April and another in July.  I'm really hooked.  This year it just seemed that deer season interfeered with coyote hunting.  I am registered on Predator Masters too.  I'm new at this and trying to learn as much as possible.  Lots of good information on this site.  I am kind of hunting in a black hole here in WV.  Don't know many others who hunt coyotes here though I'm sure there must be others around.  I would really like to hook up with someone with more experience to hunt with.  All four dogs I have got to come in came to an old closed reed Predator Call from Sears that I inherited from my step dad.  I shoot a Colt AR-15 loaded with 60 gr. V-Max bullets.  I also am the sec/treas of my local rifle club and shoot in IDPA matches at Ft. Harmar in Marietta.  I also teach NRA concealed carry classes and am a scuba instructor and own Scuba WV Inc. .  I appreciate any help you guys can offer.  Thanks!  Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

vvarmitr

Sorry Jim, we already have a retired teacher here that hunts deer & g'hogs.  :noway:

vvarmitr

JUST KIDDING!

Well, not totally. I mean we really do have a retired teacher here who hunts deer & g'hogs.  ;yes;

You're not that far away we couldn't get together & I could show you how I learn how you get coyotes.  :eyebrow:

Welcome aboard Jim! Ya might get some good info here as there are some of us who actually shoot a coyote every now & then. :wink:

wv_yoter

Welcome aboard Frogman, where are you from Williamstown, Belmont ? I'm just down the road in Elizabeth.
Jason

Frogman

Parkersburg.  I administer a hunting lease of 1500 acres at Katy's Run near Creston.  My wife is from Elizbeth, she is a Lynch from Palistine.  I also have access to lots of good hunting property near Creston that belongs to my stepfather.  I would like to hook up with a more experienced coyote hunter to help me learn the ropes.

wv_yoter

I went to school at South. I have hunted in Creston before it's about a twenty minute drive for me.
Jason

Frogman

My youngest son went to South.  I taught at Martin Elementary til I retired two years ago.  Wish this rain would stop so I could get out and do a few stands!

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site Frogman.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vvarmitr

Parkersburg! :shck: I go to Parkersburg 3 or 4 times a year. ;yes;   Stop in at Woodcraft Store & drool directly on their tools.  :eyebrownod:

Frogman

Woodcrafters is a neat store.  I got some nice knife sharpeners there.

Yotehntr

Hey! I'm Brad Gainey, I live just south of Nashville TN. I've been happily married for 21 years, and am the proud father of 2 beautiful girls, 20 & 12. I'm a maintenance Tech. at Nissan been there 23 yrs. I've been hunting for 30+ years, but about 4 yrs ago I thought I'd give coyote hunting a try, after all these girls won't eat game anyway... Well it took me about a year to get my first Yote and I haven't been able to quit since. Never can take the time to hunt anything else anymore. I've even taken a couple of trips west to hunt'em. Used an e-caller for the first couple of years then started using mouth calls. I've got a little Jet metal lathe and had an old antler laying around and thought  :confused: I'll make a call myself. I had played around turning antler before (can't remember why) so I knew it turned pretty easy. I made a couple of calls and posted them on a TN forum. I thought they looked good until I saw what ya'll make, you guys are awesome  :bowingsmilie: Ya'll are going to make me do better. Found your forum through a new friend ya'll know as Dirty Dog. I was complaining about some trouble I was having with the skip in my howler and he told me about all the call makers here. If it's ok I'd like to ask a couple questions. How do you get rid of the skips?? and where do you get the internal chucks?
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site Brad. Happy to have ya amongst us.

Post those two questions over in the hand call forum, and you'll find yourself into some good reading :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

DirtyDog

Quote from: Yotehntr on December 15, 2007, 11:56:14 AM
Found your forum through a new friend ya'll know as Dirty Dog.

Oh crap......your doomed now.  :hahaha: You just admitted to knowing me.  :biggrin:

Just kiddin

Welcome Brad.