• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

FnF Crow Contest

Started by Silencer, February 08, 2008, 03:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Crow Contest Rules

Here is the sign up for the crow hunt for all forum members. There are a few rules just to make it fair for everyone. Sign up via this post with you or your team. 

1.  Registration will be done via this post by counting yourself in or your team in for the hunt.

2.  When registering for the hunt, pick the weekend or day you will hunt from now until March 9, 2008  8 pm. Only those crows you took during your 2 day hunt will count, unless you want to keep the crows until 3/9.  I'd suggest getting your pic up the Sunday evening of the weekend you hunted  :wink:

3.  General Hunting License are required all game laws must be followed at all times during the hunt.

4.  A picture of the crows shot during the two day hunt will determine the winner, the crows must be able to be easily counted in the picture.

5.  The picture of your crows will need a orange hat in it to be eligible.

GOOD LUCK ALL !!!!!

This will be for Bragging Rights Only

Silencer

I'll start it off...

*Team Duban* -- Myself, my son, my brother

Hunting dates -- Feburary 23rd & 24th

HaMeR

My Bro & I. February 10th!!

Hope we have some birds to work with!!  :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

Might just be us 2....   :confused: :innocentwhistle: :laf:

HaMeR

Quote from: Silencer on February 09, 2008, 06:43:01 PM
Might just be us 2....   :confused: :innocentwhistle: :laf:

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR CROW HUNT VICTORY THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did mine today.  :rolleye:  I called today as the day & I'll stand by it. I didn't even bother with the orange hat either. 4 on the ground & I have a picture of #5 (which doesn't count) in a tree along the swamp with a broken wing & no way to shoot it.  :sad: There is a row of houses behind the bird. #6 (doesn't count either) was hit twice & flew with 1 wing while also gliding on the 30mph winds to make it at least 500yds before it went out of view. Here's the results of my hunt.

Aint these 4 of the purdiest lookin crows you ever seen??!!  :eyebrownod:

Crow with broken wing.

Just a little taste of how my hunt went.  :laf:

And in case you're still wondering how my hunt went,, turn up the volume & listen to the music!!  :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Holy kee rap! That's some wind. I thought ours was bad at -27 below windchills today.  :shck:

I had a feeling there wouldn't be an abundance of participation for a crow hunt right yet.

Our season opens is from Sept 16th to Nov 16th
And then opens again from Jan 18th to March 20th.

I just can't make the commitment right now. I don't know when I'll be able to get out.....and when I do...I'm gonna wanna call yotes :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

I am in I just need to find a weekend that I have open.  feb is pretty full so I was thinking sometime in march. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Silencer

Way TOO WINDY !!!!   Hamer,  great job workin them in the wind  :yoyo: !!!   dont count yourself out yet  :nofgr:  It may rain, tornado, blizzard etc etc...  on the days others pick.  The way the weather is who knows what it will be like

HaMeR

Yeah it was rough alright. Luckily I was set up & ready 15 minutes before 1st shooting time & the 1st bird didn't show til almost 7:30. I knew it would be tough right then. 2 days earlier I had close to 300 birds there to work. I was done for the day by 8:40AM when the crows were flapping to the NW but were actually being pushed sideways to the NE!! Luckily I was hunting corn stubble or I woulda had to shoot the flying plastic decoys too.

Silencer-- I'm done. I picked my date & when it turned out like this I didn't even get the orange hat out.  :rolleye:

It wasn't a total loss tho!! 4 "good" crows is better than 4 live ones.  :wink:

Good Luck to the rest of you fellers!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

paint

This sounds fun. If its not too late to join I'll post my date in the next few days.

Silencer

you can join any time, good luck, stay safe, and shoot em all !!

UnleashedFury

Were up this weekend bro it is goin to be fun for sure

topdawg

i think we are going after them in the morn, hope to have some pics in by tomarrow afternoon
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Silencer

Save some waterfowl and song birds !!! SHOOT A CROW !!!

topdawg

Had no luck today the dayum ice wouldn t  let me out of the drive way..............maybe next time
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Silencer

Looks like we're going to be "Hamered" with snow, this weekend will prove to be a tough hunt.

HaMeR

:laf:  I'm gonna try it again. Not for the contest but just because they need to be reminded who the Boss of the flyways really is.  :wink:   :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

Go get em HaMer, we're getting pounded with snow.  I'm hoping to at least get out sunday.  Gonna try tomorrow morning but damn, 4 wheel peel is needed !!

HaMeR

:roflmao: @ the 4 wheel peel!! I did that for 3 1/2 days in W Va last week!!

Good Luck on your hunt. I'll do my best as well!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

7 total for today, one more day to go.  With all the shootin we got in, shoulda been at least 15-20.  Buttttttttttttt
SURE WAS FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!