• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Gun Shop Legends!

Started by nastygunz, July 06, 2021, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

In my experience gun shops  have a mystical ability to attract people who are generally not overly intelligent but accomplished bullshitters.  I stopped by a local shop today and was looking at some over priced rifles and heard these two guys arguing about the difference between a .270 Win and a 6.5 Creedmoor.
      One fellow emphatically stated that the 6.5 Creedmoor was a better round because it only dropped 1 inch at a 1000 yards!  I literally had to walk away from the presence of such consummate knowledge although I was sorely tempted to interject myself into the discussion  :innocentwhistle:.
        Anybody else got any encounters they would like to share where they may have run across some Gun Shop Legends?. :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

There was a small gun shop across the street from my home and I about lived over there and would run the shop when the owner had meetings.  We were both there one evening when a man brought in his .22 rifle that he had just completely taken apart to clean.  He said that after he put it all back together the scope wouldn't work right.  Things seemed further away rather than close.  He handed me the gun and I casually looked at the owner and said that I was sure he would be able to fix it.  He took the gun to the back room while I talked to the rifle owner.  Richard removed the scope, turned it around, and the scope was fixed.  They guy offered to pay but Richard said that it didn't take long so there was no charge.  After he left we had a really good laugh about him putting the scope on backwards.

FinsnFur

That makes me wonder how he got the rest of the gun put back together.  :doh2:
People like that shouldn't really handle guns
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I see more and more people who shouldn't have guns .

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on July 11, 2021, 07:31:28 PM
I see more and more people who shouldn't have guns .

And I see more and more whose parents should have practiced safe sex.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com