• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Showcase,THO Game Calls by Al Woodard

Started by THO Game Calls, September 30, 2007, 09:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newbomb

Its hard to find somthing nice to say about your work that hasnt already been said! So ill jus give a  :congrats:!

rwehuntn

Al,

Great write up. As I have told you before, Thank you for all the help. You are a vital resource to all the new call makers that need a helping hand once in a while.

Allan
(rwehuntn)

P.S. Great looking calls.

studabaka

I really enjoyed that write up!! Slobbering over your calls is standard fair for me... I just look to my left and .... dang, give me a sec to clean off my keyboard.....

.... ok...where was I... oh yea.... hey, can I talk you into posting them articles you wrote on tracking?
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Pilgrim

Great bio and many thanks to Al for all of his inspiration and help!

THO Game Calls

Stu, they are all in news letters, but I can dig them out and retype them.   Where would you want them posted?  Most of them date back to 1994 thru 1999 or so.  I used to use the pen name  Medicine Tracker.  It was a fun thing to do.  Our news letter was pretty bare back then.  The Granite State Bowhunters did not even have a web site till I came along LOL.  Brought them into the future with that one.  

Here's another one of my passions when it is too hot to hunt coyotes.  We have a workd class striped bass fishery here and I fly fish for them every chance I get.  This image is from the Virtual Fly Box.  I don't tie too many flies anymore, just enough to keep me fishing.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

cb223

Al,

I'm relatively new to the predator calling world and even I have seen the changes that were influenced by you! I think it is awesome the way you share your knowledge instead of guard your secrets.

I salute you.

Great write up and awesome set of calls!!!

Chad
CHAD

Silencer

awesome write-up  :bowingsmilie:  good lookin calls  :bowingsmilie: :yoyo:

HaMeR

Al-- Congratulations on a great bio. Your calls are truly impressive to say the least & I will buy a bonker when I can. I think those are the coolest calls out there. I haven'r forgotten what you did for me a few months ago & I certainly do appreciate it!!

Beautiful calls Al!!

Go Bucks!!!!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Braz

What can I say that hasn't been said already. Great calls, and a great guy. You have helped me a lot in learning the art of call making and helping me with the various parts necessary. One of the things I admire so much is your selfless sharing of information. Many try to tell others to learn it yourself. That is the motto of a lot of the duckcall tuners. Not you. No. You go out of your way to post tutorials that help people. Even to the point where some of your ideas have been stolen with no credit. I, along with a lot of others, owe a huge debt of gratitude to you. Thanks so much.
Braz

Fireball221

Al,
just like most of the other call makers you are a real class act.  I have always appreciated your skills and the coolest part is you continue to strive for better.  Keep em comin!

keekee

Great looking calls as always Al! And a great Bio!!!!!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed reading that! I didnt know you were born in Ohio? Must be why you such a good guy!....lol

Thanks for stepping up!

Brent

nailbender

DirtyDog

Al,

I love your calls! Great Bio too! Like Brent said, I didn't know you were originally from Ohio too. Born and raised here.  :wink: Moved to TN last year. Thanks again Al for everything you give to this board.  :congrats:

Joe

KillerCaller!

coyotehunter_1

Very classy... both the man and his calls !  :highclap:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Montana Hunter

I am lucky to have many calls that Al has made. All are very beautiful and each one has a killer sound. The fist one I ever got was one of his first open reed calls, it had a double reed very raspy.  Each time I recieved a THO call I felt like I hit the lottery, very special indeed! As Gerry Blair would say "DamnFine"!!  Since that first call I have purchased a few more and even been given a set by my wife(with Al's help!)  and each one very special to me.  I hope to hand them down to my son some day.  :yoyo:-Greg

bowslinger

sharp looking calls and some day i hope too meet the man that made those calls

KySongDog

Very good write-up, Al.  Your calls are almost too pretty to take in to the field.  But they sound too good to leave at home.

Semp

frshwtr

haveing won a call that you gave to me for picking the right number last month i want to say thanx again and also comment on the craftsmanship you put into them. they shure do look good and no doubt in my mind of the quality put into them (dont know if you remember the one i got, you said it had a flaw in the material and if you hadnt pointed it out i never would have found it). also want to comment on the sounds acheived with your open reed calls. i dont have much experience with callsing with mouth calls ; other than driving my wife nuts with me practiciseing my son is impressed with the sounds i can get out of it; he has a fox pro and i try to sound like the different sounds on it. as i said very impressed with your work.

Dogwood Creek

Absolutely gorgeous!  :yoyo:  Super looking pair of calls there Al. Sleek!