• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A couple of shotgun coyotes

Started by KySongDog, October 22, 2021, 02:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Called in 4 last Tuesday morning on the first stand. The most ever for me at one time. They hard charged in at 25 yards. Saw me drop the call and pick the gun up off my lap and scattered like quail. Hit one in the ass end but couldn't find it. I was hunting some pretty thick stuff.

I went back to the truck and got more shells. Then went to a different spot and called in this young virgin eared male. Shot him at about 35 yards.

Finally had a chance to get back out this morning. And got another one on the 4th stand. Shot this 29 lb male in the face at 25 yards.

pitw

Atta boy Johnny. :highclap:
I never hunted in dense stuff until I came home from the LBL, it works. :wink:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Wow!  You're really getting after them.  That is very good hunting even in our western country with a lot more coyotes, fabulous for your country, from all I hear.

coyote101

Congratulations, Johnny!  :yoyo: I have been anxious to get out, but still haven't. I'm going to see if I can get a turkey in the morning, and then may try a little predator calling.  :shrug:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Yotehntr

Wearing them out!  :yoyo:  Great job!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

FOUR!!? :holdon: They was on a mission! :eyebrow:
Good to hear your getting out Johnny. Keep em coming :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates