• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Who's your friends?

Started by Bopeye, March 09, 2008, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

the only thing I could think of is keekees resignation of mod here at Fnf.  he is a great asset.  somtimes ya just need a break which is what he had said he needed. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

That's pretty much it. Brent wants to advertise at PM and regain their support for his business and they wont have no part of it while he's moderating here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

man that is a bit childish of PM isn't it?  I guess though if that is their rules then oh well.  I still consider everyone here friends and hope to meet all of you guys at the LBL this comin year. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

iahntr

Scott

Bopeye

:roflmao:   DAYUM!!! Poor Brent......  :sad3:

I hope everyone comes to the LBL next year including my so called adversaries.  :biggrin:  I guarantee each of you that anyone that wants to come will be welcomed by me. I can forgive and forget just about as good as anyone.
I will be nothing but friendly to anyone that shows up, unless they choose a different course and then we can always plot a new coordinates and get jiggy...... :wink:

HERE is my biggest GRIPE on these boards and what stirs me into saying something every now and then. I CANNOT STAND seeing these same dang lies getting repeated over and over like as if they are gospel. That means that when I see them, I feel compelled to once again call a spade a spade.......just can't help that.

There's a funny phenomena that takes place when lies keep getting told over and over and then passed down and repeated by others........They become the TRUTH in the minds of the ill informed masses. How do you think the Muslim faith is the fastest growing religion in the world? It's a gnarly ride and based on a lie.........that's how.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

CCP

QuoteWell I figure there has to have been some provocation for Bops post,

Up until now I thought it was because  I called him an ass on the phone. :biggrin:

Bopeye since I found out this post ain't about me does this mean I have to try and be nice to you again?. :argh:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

ATLRoach

Think of this from the outside looking in..

I have been a mod/admin on multiple boards and it's the same all over. Internet is the internet and take it with a grain of salt. There are a lot of childish behavior and a lot of e-personas out there.  Some of the biggest bullies and johnny know-it-alls are kids hiding behind the keyboard.

I have met ALOT of people over the internet and in person through my 4x4 ventures. You get some out away from the keyboard and they are a lot different in person.

studabaka

Actually, my comments back and forth with Al were not about Brent but simply how we as a group communicate our opinions and views. I don't think that any of us can do a fair job of expressing all of Brent's thinking behind his decision to step away from moderating, but what we can probably all agree on is that he is a good guy, he has been a major contributor of knowlege and comraderie here, and hopefully we all truly wish him the very best in his life and his business efforts.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

THO Game Calls

QuoteI don't think that any of us can do a fair job of expressing all of Brent's thinking behind his decision to step away from moderating

I'll take a stab at it.

There are only two kinds of people on PM  -  those who Have been screwed by the administation and moderators and those who WILL be screwed by the Administration and Moderators.

Brent has already been on one side of that coin, and now he wants to go back for a second helping.

If you are one of the people who thinks PM is there to support the members, to advance predator hunting, as a not for proffit corporaton you are dumber than a fence post.

I sent a moderator there the PDF files of my two lanyard tutorials.  Told him he could post them, do what he wanted with them.  They were given freely for the members.

Find them on PM.   I dare you. 

It has nothing to do with the membership and everything to do with making a proffit.   

The members are pawns with wallets.   And that, is why Brent in stepping down as a moderator.  I wish him luck with his venture, but I was there when his video frist came out and they RAKED him over the coals over it.   I was there when they accused him of taking Predator Masters equipment and money from the LBL hunt.    I was there, and so was he. 

I hope Brent realizes that once he becomes an advertisor on PM, his post will be monitored here.   He will be held hostage and at risk of losing his advetising account if he speaks ill of PM.  And for the life of me I cannot understand how that will help his business.   His credability here will be in question because no one will EVER know if he is speaking his mind or his wallet.

I'm sorry Brent, but you are waling into the hornets nest once again.   I sincerely hope it works out for you.  But I will go on record right here and now as saying that you will never get the respect or considetation for your efforts there as you would have gotten here had you stayed. 

Good luck Brent.  You are going to need it.   

I will forward the vender information you asked me about tomorrow when I am back in the shop.   I hope it helps your business.   It matters not that I worked my ass off to find and develop my vendors just so I could pass them on to someone who wants to make a fortune on PM.   It's par for the course.

Al

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

George Ackley

THO YOU SOUND BITTER PAL :confused:

I Don't have a dog in this fight,, I like to see Brent move as far into the money making side of the predator hunting industry as he can ,,    You go do what you think is best Kee,,,,

First ,I don't have the writing skills or the vocabulary to argue my point,, But Mr. THO  I will give it a try..

When I say, I don't have a dog in this fight ,let me clear that up .
what I am Trying to say ,, not every body has a agenda ,, some of us are here and at PM to talk coyotes ,,
killing coyote if you wont to get right down to it.

you say this 
There are only two kinds of people on PM  -  those who Have been screwed by the administration and moderators and those who WILL be screwed by the Administration and Moderators.

There's nobody screwing ME ,,
If I don't like what your or they are  saying  I will be the first to tell you and them.
I have called just about everyone out on some other sights and at PM  , yet I have no troubles with the guys  at PM,, or any other sight. 
there not shutting me down! or editing my post! their are no nasty letters from any mods at PM !! No warnings!!   In fact I been ask to tone it done witch I didn't and never suffered any consequences ,
tell likeI see it that just me.

Us without a agenda can see more then you think,,,

I, and many others,  have seen the guys that need to go whipe there nose,  We see the guys trying to get close to the manufacturers. We know who can make a call and who just shoves a voice in a hole and passes it on as a hand crafted call , I have a shelf full of them.

I very seldom tell what call I used to kill something , unlike the guys that will tell you what call they used,
or who's hand call they used, or whos electric calls they used  way before they tell you what skills they applied to kill that game..
More post start off with a line something like this,
(My foxpro struck again)
( 2 coyotes fall to the bandit today)
or how about the call factions, 1/2 the guys will spend days arguing over the better call . HERE AND AT PM,
How about the calls that come in the mail that read ,
""Ha, George why don't you give this call I made a try""only in  the hopes later the call will show up in a photo that's in a post,
my question is ,,how do you tell a guy his call don't play??

Us, the guys out here without a agenda don't care about the infighting and the out fighting that goes on with these sights..
I just dont see what your talking about happining to guys like me???????
but what I do see is  the guys with the troubles , are the guys with the agenda
So what I really have to say is, I don't see any one like me getting screwed by the administration of any sight

SO GOOD LUCK BRENT from your friend
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

THO Game Calls

No agenda George.   None at all.

If a man wants to forsake his friends for a buck, more power to him.   That really did not bother me at all.

But when he then comes to me afterwards in "friendship" and asks who my vender is for an item, so he can make that buck, I have to draw the line.

Have a nice life.

Al

vvarmitr

Brent dropped being a moderator so he could advertise at PM?  :huh:    The very people that had been backstabbing him all this time & are suddenly going to stop & praise him as soon as they get their first check from him.  Talk about whoredom.
Is there going to be an apology for all the crap they spread about him before?   :noway:

Is business that bad he had to do that? :confused:

studabaka

Amazing....... sadly not surprising, but never the less amazing  :rolleye:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Bopeye

My post has been severely hijacked here and I am pissed about it....... :pout: :confused:

You bunch of hijacking.....uh..... :wo: ......uh hijackers!!! That's the ticket!!  ;yes;

I was trying to have a seriously demented moment and now it's just a dang mess........I guess I will have to start all over again...... :yahoo:

Jimmie in Ky

I have to say that if Kee could forgive and let pass what was done over there enough to advertise there once again more power to him.If he feels that is what he needs to do to help promote his bussiness , I wish him well. I think he is going back there for the name of PM not the folks that are running it. It does have a pot load on folks that just drop by to read that never register. The amount of info they can get there for free is quite a bit.

For them to place such restrictions on him is wrong though. He should be able to speak and moderate anywhere he pleases. They may be able to restrict what he says,but, His bussiness and personal life are just that, his and not theirs. What he does and the choices he makes are just that, HIS bussiness.

As long as folks are respectful there will not be that many problems with any board. They can agree to disagree and get along no matter what they think or how they feel. Jimmie

vvarmitr

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on March 11, 2008, 07:25:39 PM
As long as folks are respectful

Respectful is the key word there.

I have a lot of respect for Brent, & have the actions to prove it, but this is a real snafu in my book.  :rolleye:
I wish I could have talked w/ him before hand.  ;yes;

THO Game Calls

Respect?

What a JOKE.

Kee - you got what you asked for

You're Welcome

Respect - yeah - respect......

Al

keekee

Ok, let me see if I can get some of this cleared up. And I agree that this is my fault for not making this post to start with and letting everyone just take what they seen and give there opinion on it. I should of took more time, and feel as though I owe you all more than just what you got. But I will say that I am not putting this post up to debate my leaving FNF or my reasons. But I do feel I owe you more than what I posted here.

There is more reasons for me leaving as a moderator here than just PM. A bunch more, this was not a decision I made over night, I been thinking on this for several weeks or more and I can tell you from the heart that I lost allot of sleep over this (Ask the wife!). And my decision was not made over night. Let me start by giving you all some reasons why I did resign, and then clear up some other things that need cleared up.

Anytime you are a moderator on any board you place yourself in a position to be accountable for your actions weather they are your action or someone else's actions under your moderation, and even by not saying anything about that you are in some eye's still accountable for them. And in running a business that's just not a good thing to do. And it's not a good business desiccation. Take a look around the boards and see how many business owners moderate on the forums, there are some but most do not. Most of them tell there staff, if you want to post go ahead but do not get involved in the controversy and if you do, your gone! And allot of the guys that did moderate had to leave at some point do to a conflict of interest if they wanted to continue to be successful.

I had information coming back to me that  from several different companies, some pretty big that my name was being brought up for different reason in major conversations over things that I wasn't even involved in. So, I had to step back and have a look at the direction I want to go. I am just a small business and to be honest I can use all the help I can get.

I was missing some good opportunities for the company by being in the middle of the controversy all the time. Weather I posted on the subject or not didn't matter it was the position I was in and did nothing to change it.

Now, I am not going to set here and tell you all that I agree with everything that goes on here or at PM. But by not saying anything I have done myself, JD, and the business more harm than good. Do I agree with everything that has happened in the past, NO. Do I have issues with PM, up I do, did I have issues with FNF, yep I sure did. No way to sugar coat that so I just as well say it. And I am sure down the road I will have more issues to deal with were ever I post.

For some reason many of you think I was going to pack my bags and go. That's not the case. I use to come to these forums to post on Trapping, Coyote hunting, Fishing, and advertise my products, give advice when I could and help some that I could. And I still do! I had no intentions of not posting here, I just didn't want to moderate anymore. And Yes, for those who wonder I had planed on posting on PM and other boards as well.

This isn't counting the time that these things take away from your family, friends and other things that are important.

Now, on PM. I am not going to tell you that I had not planned on taking my advertising out over there. I had not made up my mind yet on what I was going to do. Regardless of weather I had issues with them or not, it is still a good solid business decision to advertise there, and by not doing so it is costing me business. But at no time did anyone from PM tell me I could not advertise over there. I didn't advertise there do to my reasons, yes I did have a disagreement with them on my advertising account that I was not happy with but that's been some time ago. And I am sure there will be times in the future that I may have other issues, and I will cross that bridge when I get there.

About the past......At this point in my life and business I have decided to let the past go and try and move forward. I cant change the past, but I don't haft to spend every day worrying about it either. I am just going to keep moving forward to try and meet my goals. I just don't see that as a bad thing, sorry. I didn't say that I agree with it, or that I didn't have issues with it, and  will from time to time. But as long as I keep moving forward I will be fine.

Let me say this though. I have done things in the past that I was not happy with and at different times have stirred the pot as well. Weather its behind the scenes or on a open board or threw email or private message. But I am only human. And I will try in the future to try and think things threw more before I open my mouth or set down in front of the key board.

One last thing as far as me trying to pad my wallet. Do I really need to answer this?   I have a business and the reason I have this business is to make money to help support the things I love to do and my family. I sell calls and video's, hunting products and such. And yes I hope to make a little money! If some of you all just new what it takes to make a video, you would ask yourself why did I get myself into this! Trust me my wife and kids have asked me that! But, it makes a man feel real good to put out a solid product that can shorten the learning curve and help someone. And that in its self makes it worth it!

I don't think that there is one person here that would not want to hunt and fish every day and get paid for it! Will it ever happen? I don't know but I hope so! Someone has to do it! And even at that all one can ask for is a good solid successful business.

And there is more to this in the industry that just message boards. Just like yesterday. A good friend of mine called me and had a death in the family, he had booked the show in Columbus, but with the death in the family he was in a bind and needed help. I agreed to take care of it till he could get his family business rapped up and get there. So, there is allot more goes on out there than just what is posted on these boards!

I am going to close out by telling you all what one of my friends from FNF told me a few weeks ago when we were talking about all this....." Go get your wife and your kids set them down in front of you and look them in the eye's! That's what's need to help you decide what you will need to do. Because they are the ones you haft to live with and answer to every day!"

Brent

possumal

Bopeye:  I am not really sure where you were trying to go with this thread, but it appears to have been run over, dismantled, and converted into a different subject.  Everybody knows you are really a psychologist hiding in a funny rascal's body.  :roflmao: :roflmao: I would venture a guess that Brent had a lot more on his mind than advertising on PM when he decided to quit being a moderator on this forum.  It is surely his business, and I wish him the best. I want to thank him for all he has done for all concerned.
       I have to say that I agree with George Ackley that none of the moderators on any forum have done anything to me, and I'd let them know about it if they did.  I have no inside or outside information about some of the things that happened to others on PM, but I don't think that we have to forsake every friend we have over there because of what happened to a few people, and done by a few people.  If that is riding a fence, so be it.  I don't see this forum as a fraternity where all members are obligated to be at odds with people on other forums.
     In my opinion,  Bopeye has it dead on right that some people are taking things too serious.  Time spent making and reading posts on forums is a really small part of coyote hunting. Sharing ideas and stories and helping the newbies, especially the younger ones, is the most important thing we can contribute.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff