• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

One of my little adventures

Started by Rick223, August 20, 2006, 04:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick223

This happened awhile ago but I found it quite interesting.I went callin by myself one day and I parked my truck on a hill top It was late December.The place I was huntin was in the woods there was a really deep ravine very thick with brush on the bottom and on top it was open enough to get some shootin if a yote were to come up out of there.
Every year deer huntin we drive coyotes out of there I never called it so I thought it might be a good spot to call,so I parked my truck along a field about 150 yds from this woods I walked in went about another 50 to 75 yrds in till I came to a spot that was open I was above the ravine this is really hilly country I thought
it was perfect.Well I started callin sat maybe 30 to 40 min.nothin heard a little bit of noise in the bottom but didnt see nothin.well I decided to go I left the woods started up the hill in the hay field I walked about 50 yds out I looked up at my truck I was still walkin all of a sudden i realized there were a pair of ears stickin up in the air in the corn stubble(the top of the field where my truck was parked had corn the bottom part was hay.) I stopped walking as soon as I did a yote stood up and went the other way in an instant he was gone :rolleye: the worst part was he was layin 30 or 40 Feet! from my truck!I think that had me peg right from the git go.
He must have enjoyed watchin me make those silly noises in the woods. :roflmao:
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Bopeye

I think they have me pegged everytime I get out of the truck....... :rolleye:

Mr. coyote to his buddies, "Hey boys don't worry! Coyotehunter1 brought his funny little mascot today......we're safe."
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

coyotehunter_1

Great story Rick.... :biggrin:

Quotethe worst part was he was layin 30 or 40 Feet! from my truck!
Did you check to see if he had marked your truck tires? :shck:  :wink:

It's things like that that keeps us going back!   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Rick223

Actually I didnt look at the tires but it wouldnt surprise me if he did.
In fact he most likely did all four tires knowin my luck. :hahaha:
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Brad H

I've been there before. I hate giving wildlife somethnig to laugh at like that.

But it makes the next dead one so much better. :biggrin:

Brad

Rick223