• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Gator........it's what's for dinner.

Started by coyote101, May 17, 2021, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

My friend Roy grew up in South Carolina, and his family still owns hundreds of acres of swamp land there. He went to visit a couple of weeks ago, and went gator hunting with his brother. They got one, and Roy gave me some of the meat to try. I cut it into small pieces, dredged it in flour, and pan fried it. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Sizzling in the frying pan:

Gator bites, red beans and rice, corn, and cornbread:

Washed it all down with ice tea.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

I had some in a restaurant once and thought it was rather tasty!

FinsnFur

I've never had it but I sure would like to try it. Your photos and description make it sound even better than anticipated

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Glad ya enjoyed it. 
Not sure I could eat lizard  :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

I have eaten it a couple of times when I was in the south, and like you, enjoyed it.  The first time I ever tried it I was at an outdoor market and bought some 'alligator on a stick'. 

nastygunz

When I was stationed in Charleston South Carolina we used to go to this little bridge in Goose Creek and feed the alligators that were underneath it used to throw them chicken and stuff I was fascinated by them.

JohnP

Pat - I'm sure you spent some time at "Mother Rucker".  When I was there for the Sr Course one of the guys from Louisiana would go home whenever we had a long weekend and always came back with gator for the class.  We did it on the BBQ and enjoyed it.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs