• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Another excellent adventure...

Started by Bopeye, September 23, 2006, 05:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

Today......walk out before sun-up. It's already 75 degrees........what the ???......warm front moving in from the south, mixing it up with some junk out of the west. Already having sporadic gusts of heavy wind, rain and have a tornado watch in effect.
Go ahead load the gear in the truck just in case we get a break in the weather.

Zero Seven twenty four........coyotehunter1 finally pulls into the driveway. Been in a bad thunderstorm on the way up the mountain. He's late, but what the heck.
We decide to go ahead and go check a farm for coyote sign. We are quite sure that the day is a bust for calling, so make the best of it and do some scouting.

Take our time, go to the bank, eat at Shoney's breakfast bar, finally head north about 30 miles to a farm he's been wanting me to check out. It's zero nine thirty by now, stop and talk to the farm manager, chew the fat with him and his kids.......we go into the farm.

Chet is telling me different things about the farm, really giving me a good tour of this huge farm.........we've been driving from spot to spot just looking around.......Chet says, " Look there", so I look..........yep, you guessed it. Coyote at about 250 yards looking at us. We stop the truck, the coyote just very nonchalantly gazes at us a second or two longer and then eases off over the hill.

I couldn't believe it........it's almost unheard of to catch a coyote in the fields around here in the daytime, but there he was.  :wo:

Chet and I were totally  unprepared for this whole thing to unfold. We had loaded our gear in the truck, but we hadn't gotten it ready when we came to the farm. Remember we were still having bad weather and expecting alot more. The weather at this moment was almost perfect for calling.
We scramble..........quietly as possible..........to get our gear together and see if we can't call that coyote in. After what seemed a half an hour of noise, cows bothering us, getting our camo on, cussing the fact that we had been caught with our fingers in our noses....we were finally ready.

We started making our way to the area where we had seen the coyote, but we were using the treeline to try and mask our approach. We hadn't gone 100 yards when there he was.....about 10 yards into the field.....MOUSING!! :confused: ......what the???

Chet says....."There are two of them", sure enough......TWO of 'em mousing. I pull up the 10 gauge as he pulls up with his rifle. Chet starts lip squeaking....one of the coyotes was wanting to come into us, but the other just kept mousing....this kept the other coyote close by. Chet and I kept creeping forward when the coyotes were looking down, trying to make sure they were well within range. I got to what a I believed a safe range and dropped the hammer on the first one. It looked like he had been punched in the mouth. His partner took off and I was going to throw down on him, when I saw the first one running right behind him......head real low. Pulled on the original and let'er fly again. They both turn into the woodline and were gone like wraiths.

I'm setting here not believing what has just happened.........hyper ventilating as well. :shrug:
Chet and I go down to where the coyotes had been. Saw that they had been mousing and right in the dirt next to where coyote #1 had been mousing was the nicest tooth you ever did see. Looked like a pellet had caught it and shattered it out of his head.

We looked and looked but couldn't find the one that had been hit. We finally went back to where they had been mousing and measured the distance. I had guessed it at 40 yards or so......NOT.....stepped off at 75 yards........ :madd: :rolleye:
Went back to where we had been standing. Looked at the area where they coyotes had been. I still thought they were alot closer than they really were. Guess that's what happens when you take a fella out of the woods and put him in a field.........can't guess distance for crap.......... :innocentwhistle:

I got a really killer tooth out of it though. Coyote has a really sore tooth along with a smashing headache. He looked like he'd been hit by Mike Tyson when I pulled the trigger.
Chet and I laughed, saying he was probably in the woods, beating the crap out of his mate for smacking him in the mouth when that loud noise went off........ :roflmao:
It was an excellent day...... :yoyo:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jimmie in Ky

Don't be aiming for teeth James, body shots do work best :roflmao:

Tell Chet shame on him for not taking the other one out :rolleye: Pitiii fulllll. Jimmie

FinsnFur

Git your self dressed back up, and kneel down by that tooth with your rifle, and git ya a picture.
Were trying to build a blooper picture page, where ya been?  :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Mallardsr

Put the tooth under your pillow! :roflmao:

CCP

Now I understand what Chet has been going through with you. I thought he was kiddin, Like Mallard said put it under your pillow we want to see pics.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

coyotehunter_1

What? You guys never seen a person skin a coyote.... a little at a time?

Ol’ Bopeye "the coyote dentist" let loose some thunder today, loud I tell ya!  :argh:

Hey Jimmie, 
I’m getting a little weak eyed in my golden years. What coyotes....I didn't see no stinking coyotes?  :roflmao:
Seriously, I could have fired on either coyote but I was using a rifle and there were cattle in the area. With the price of beefers now-a-days I didn’t want to chance hitting one. Those coyotes will be there next time.  :wink:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on September 23, 2006, 06:36:44 PM
Don't be aiming for teeth James, body shots do work best :roflmao:

Tell Chet shame on him for not taking the other one out :rolleye: Pitiii fulllll. Jimmie

Hard to shoot bodies when all your seeing is the heads.  :eyebrow:

Chet made the wise decision........cattle everywhere and we couldn't see at all what was down with the coyotes. A couple cows had just walked out of that area. We couldn't be sure that there wasn't anymore. Coyotes sure weren't bothering the cows or the jackasses and vice versa........go figure. :wo:

Bopeye

I'm gonna put y'alls heads under the pillow.  :eyebrownod:
Would be far more gratifying than getting a buck from the tooth fairy. :roflmao:

FinsnFur

:hahaha: :roflmao: :roflmao: :eyebrownod:

I like you more with every post you make. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  :wo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

coyotehunter_1

Jim,  :roflmao:
I can guaranteeee you one thing.... there's never a dull moment when Bopeye's around!

:eyebrownod:

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

canine

Bopeye,

Now you need to go back and blow off his pecker, then you can combine your prizes and have you a toothprick... :yoyo:

JD

Edit: By the way congrats on at least gettin the chance to get the guns out of the truck. Glad the weather gave you all a break.

Bopeye

Quote from: canine on September 24, 2006, 12:08:30 AM
Bopeye,

Now you need to go back and blow off his pecker, then you can combine your prizes and have you a toothprick... :yoyo:

JD

Edit: By the way congrats on at least gettin the chance to get the guns out of the truck. Glad the weather gave you all a break.

That's a great idea JD...........if I do luck up and am able to make a toothprick, I'll send it to you to try.........give me some feedback on it and if you like it........I might start marketing the "coyote toothprick"...... :nono:

Bopeye

After sleeping on it for awhile........I've evaluated and re-evaluated the hunt yesterday.  :wo:

That field was full of cows, calves, a bull, and what I believed to be two Jackasses. I thought about what went wrong with the hunt and can come to only one conclusion.
One of those jackasses wasn't a jackass at all.........it was a Jinnie. She kept bothering us, which may have caused my inability to correctly judge the distance......   :roflmao:

So we live, we learn and we hunt another day. I'm gonna get that Jinnie out of the way first when I go back.....  :eyebrownod:

The "Coyote Dentist" has spoken..  :readthis: :biggrin:

Bopeye

Jim.........is the picture that Chet took good enough to make the blooper page?
He took it right after we got home and I was showing my kids.......... :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Jimmie in Ky

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on September 23, 2006, 09:09:15 PM
What? You guys never seen a person skin a coyote.... a little at a time?

Ol' Bopeye "the coyote dentist" let loose some thunder today, loud I tell ya!  :argh:

Hey Jimmie, 
I'm getting a little weak eyed in my golden years. What coyotes....I didn't see no stinking coyotes?  :roflmao:
Seriously, I could have fired on either coyote but I was using a rifle and there were cattle in the area. With the price of beefers now-a-days I didn't want to chance hitting one. Those coyotes will be there next time.  :wink:

I hear ya on the weak eyes Chet. I am sitting here with four eye's looking at Bopeye and he ain't got no purtier over the years. But at least his aim is improving a little  :nono:

Beef, it's whats for dinner :innocentwhistle: Jimmie

coyotehunter_1

QuoteThat's a great idea JD...........if I do luck up and am able to make a toothprick, I'll send it to you to try.........give me some feedback on it and if you like it........I might start marketing the "coyote toothprick"......

Bop, that could work...  make a millon $$$$! :wink: 
Another idea..... Get Kee to make a mouth call out of the coyote's .. err.. favorite body part, JD could be your "official" tester. Adds a whole new outlook on being Pro Staff! :shck:  :eyebrow:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Bopeye

Well JD.........how 'bout it? You want to be the official "teste" for blowing on the coyotes "favorite body part" call that we are gonna get kee to start mass producing?

:hahaha: :roflmao:

canine

Well............Let me think here :wo:...............Uhhhhhh...NO THANKS :roflmao:

I'll let ya all do your own teste- ing !   

Keep us up to date on your project  :sneer:

JD

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers