• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wolf hunting Alaska

Started by Tikaani, April 26, 2008, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Last post I said I was heading north, just an update. Arrived north of the Brooks Range Wednesday, night, weather was in the twenties and sunny. Next day wind was blowing 25 miles an hour and overcast.  Pretty much ended any hunting, what few traps I have left out were untouched.  Pulled some, since snow had begun to melt, figured they were done.  Friday it snowed a couple of inches and was overcast, small groups of caribou, are still hanging around, no wolves sighted and no tracks in the fresh snow. Today has been partly cloudy, snowed again last night, maybe 4" , regret my decision to pull traps.   Was 0 this morning but has warmed up to 18 (some may laugh at these temps, but when it was -50 less than three weeks ago 18 is BBQ weather). Still no wolves, will check sets again tomorrow.  Will go out again this evening for a spell, sun is not setting till about nine thirty.  Hope this gets through to all that are interested, internet is sketchy.  Hope you enjoy the pictures.  Will try and send again prior to my leaving, Bopeye, don't know you but thanks again for the initial pm to me, would not have been doing this, have something to write about now, think you would enjoy it here. 

John

Wolf bait

More Bait

Some scenery

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Bopeye

John,
  You have no idea how much I enjoy your stories and pictures. Makes my spirit long to go where the crowds won't go. You are living the dream my friend.  :eyebrownod: :wink: :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Dang nice pics and I will be more than happy to let you live Bop's dream.  I will just go along for the reviews.

Jerry

iahntr

Love the pics. Myself, like a lot of others, would love to go up there.
I don't see it happening any time soon, if maybe ever.  :sad:
So,, I (we) enjoy your pics and stories! Thanks for sharin em with us!
                       Scott
Scott

LORDDAL

Wow nice photos man Id love to go there
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

ErictheRed

QuoteWow nice photos man Id love to go there

You can say that again.  I would love to spend some time up there.

FinsnFur

Man that is some beautiful country...keep em coming  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

One mans wilderness..........I love it, keep em comming.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

:highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: Thanks for the story and pics!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

vvarmitr

Quote from: Bopeye on April 26, 2008, 09:08:24 PM
John,
  You have no idea how much I enjoy your stories and pictures. Makes my spirit long to go where the crowds won't go. You are living the dream my friend.
  :eyebrownod: :wink: :highclap:
DITTO!!!

Thanks for sharing. :biggrin:

Coulter

Those are some awesome pics you got...I like the "wolf Bait". That is some mighty fine table fare for us two legged wolves as well :biggrin: Someday man, someday. Hopefully soon. I just counted my alaska fund this past week (a 5 gallon water jug) it is about 1/3 full and currently has a bit over $600 in it. I'll just keep dumping my change in it and maybe in another year or two I will be buying my ticket to head north :biggrin: I will get there someway...somehow :wink:

Until then keep those pics coming :yoyo:

Steve

LBLDOG

keep us informed on your adventures ,very interesting and that is a very beautiful part  and the pics are awesome and like they say "a picture is worth a thousand words" :congrats: