• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

1st Pennsylvania Predator Expo and calling comp.

Started by bigben, May 01, 2008, 12:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Well felllas we are having our first Predator expo and calling comp in the clubs history of this magnitude.  we are having 8 different speakers and a calling competition in which the winner will recieve a all expence paid trip to compete in the worlds in August.  Here are some of our speakers.

Seminar 1~ Red Fox Hunting Speaker~ Ernie Wilson
Seminar 2~ Gray Fox Hunting Speaker~ Freddie McNight
Seminar 3~ Red Fox Hunting w/partner Speaker~ Dave Kaproki & Clifton Hatch
Seminar 4~ Children's Calling Demo Speakers~ Tim Deckhart & Jim Monko
Seminar 5~ Raccoon Hunting Speaker~ Hern Blett
Seminar 6~ Coyote Hunting Speaker~ Dave Dunbar
Seminar 7~ Furbearer Biology Speaker~ PGC Biologist Matt Levello
Lecture~ PGC Furbearer Hunting Reg's Speaker~ WCO Jeff Mock

These are all knowldegable predator hunters that hunt in PA and on the east coast and they consistantly call and kill predators year in and year out. 

Along with the 8 speakers at this event we will be having raffles and 50/50 drawings throughout the day. 

any vendors that would like to purchase a booth there is also a vendor app if you click on the link in my sig line. 

This event will be held at Foxpro and is a Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Associtation event.  Any questions let me know and we can get it straightend out.  thanks
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

frshwtr

well lets start with when is it and then give me a better idea of where it is; guess i'm to lazy to look up where fox pro calls home. would love to attend something like this but i have to work a lot of weekends and have to arrange for a weekend off pretty far ahead of time.

bigben

The event will be held july 12th and is pretty much all day.  from 9 to 9 if you stay for the calling comp.  Foxpro is located in lewistown about two or so miles off of 322. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

alscalls

I would love to go but my gas fund is screaming (8 mpg) :puke:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Red Dog

Thinking about going.Looks like it will be a good one. :highclap:

FinsnFur

What?... No Tony Tebbe guest speaker?? :shrug:

Bigben make sure you bring us some pics :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

I reiterate that these are PA callers and hunters that hunt on the EAST coast.  and take predators consistantly each year.  this is the one event ya don't want to miss. 

vvarmitr

Hey! :holdon:  Where's our Calling in the East Star, Brent Saxton?  :confused:

Iffen ya ain't careful I might show up too.  :eyebrow:

THO Game Calls

QuoteWhat?... No Tony Tebbe guest speaker??

In the same room as Ernie Wilson?   Hmmmm - I don't know how that would play out.  

But speaking of Ernie, he runs EW Calls  the web site is    http://www.ewcalls.com/

He makes some very very nice predator calls, and he has a great sound list on his site that you can down load and listen too.  He is a really good caller.  

You might remember him Jiim, he used to be a call maker on PM before he got run off the board.

I've never heard him speak, but he knows calls and calling, and I am betting he will make it worth anyomes time to see him.

I'm more surprsed not to see Kee's Calls there doing a seminar.

Al

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Brad H

I thought that was the same Ernie Wilson. I think Dave Dunbar is also a call maker or ateast a call designer and seller of some sort. Critter Buster maybe?

I've also seen the name Jeff Mock around quite a bit.

Wish I could make it.

Brad

bigben

yes the ernie wilson you are refering to is the one that is speaking.  and dave dunbar is owner operator of critterbuster game calls.

here is the link that has all the up to date info and such.  along with the forms for everything.

http://ppha.us/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=57

bootmud

I'm sure it'll be a fun day with lots of great speakers and vendors.

Oh, did I mention Kettle Creek Calls will be there. :eyebrownod: :wink:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

matt75bronco

I'll be there. A whole days worth of good predator hunting info and good products.

If you plan on attending be sure to go on ppha.com and print out your registration form and send it in along with your check. Might want to consider becoming a PPHA member too.........

Be sure to carpool to save you a little gas money!!!

northern coyote

I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

bigben

it is the one towards the west.  should be right beside rt 322 

northern coyote

I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

bigben

bigben

allright fellas a last bump and some info.  the directions on the ppha sight were wrong.  if you go to google maps and type in this or copy and past it  n40 37.672 w077 31.629 that will put you in the parking lot of foxpro.  we are taking walkins for the expo and for the calling comp.  so if you were not sure if you were going to come or not and did not want to make a reservation then you can still come.  who all is coming I know that there is a good many from out of state coming in.

FinsnFur

:confused: :confused: I'm getting a warning that a virus called trojan-downloader.js.remora.bp is on your site when I click your link Ben
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers