• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Pups gaining independance

Started by canine, July 22, 2006, 03:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canine

I was heading to work this AM. Driving down a small country road and come up on a 3/4 grown pup sitting about 30 yards off the road in a short bean field. Goofy little thing just sat there as i stopped the truck and shut it off. :nofgr: That's when he got nervous and ducked down, into the beans and put a little distance between us. He went maybe 150 yards and then turned back around to sit and watch me. This was all in wide open country and i never did see another coyote anywhere. I'm sure the folks were somewheres close but they stayed hidden.

Just a couple nights ago i was doin some late night locating, boy is it fun listening to a group of coyotes raising cain back at ya. I checked my favorite area for the first time this year and from the response i got back. It should be, again one of my top spots. There were quite a few pups sounding off for several minutes until an adult shut them up for good. :confused:

Just can't hardly wait till fall

JD
:yoyo:

FinsnFur

Now JD is this one of the spots you'll be taking me to when I come out? :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

canine

Yes! i'll share  :confused:.. :eyebrownod: Hell ya dude,  Whenever you want to head this way we'll break out the camera's, calls, guns and friends. We'll hit the central part of the state then head for a day to the Southern part.
That's if we can get Brent out of that dern factory for a couple days!!

JD

keekee

Dont make me haft to quit my job!....lol

Say, hint, hint, what sound was you useing to locate those coyotes? A little R & D work is what I heard...lol

Brent

canine

You got it Bro.. R&D all da way.. :wink:

JD

keekee

I aslo here there are some plans for some more R & D field trips....Any truth to that?

Brent

canine

That's where my butt oughta be now!! 

Am gonna make it out this evening and tomorrow evening....Momma has to work in the AM so i'm sleepin in :congrats:

JD

keekee

Just remember R & D work Not ADC work.

Brent

Rich Cronk

Speaking of field trips, I recently learned of an experienced caller up at Pierre, South Dakota. His name is Jerry Hunsley. Jerry is old like me, has a good decoy dog, is a master of voice howling and has invited me to come up there. As soon as I get caught up a little more with the call orders, I'm gonna gas up the Dodge and drive up there.  Jerry is good at mini video clips,so maybe he can video me howling up a coyote. Imagine that now. Old Cronk howling up a coyote. LOL :) :)

canine

Wish ya a good safe successful trip Rich. Lookin forward to seein a video clip.

JD

keekee

Sounds like a god trip to me Rich!  I would like to hunt with someone who voice howled. That would be cool!

A good voice howl is hard to beat!

Brent

yucca

I watched Jerry's voice howling practice clip. Very impressive.

CCP

I seen one coyote  3/4 grown 1 month ago and three coyotes 3/4 to full grown last weekend. A friend called Thursday and said he spotted 3 full grown coyotes running together.Ronnie cannon in the Carolina's said he seen a half grown coyote real early in the year.I have also heard reports of smaller coyotes spotted in my area from people I run into at hunting stores.

Got to go see two watermelon farmers this weekend they called and are having lots of problems.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

canine

We'll save a couple for ya Rich if'n your able to visit us for a hunt :yoyo:

JD

Jrbhunter

They're getting independent alright.  They've been kicked out on thier own around here!  I called in several pups last week, killed a couple and missed a couple more.   Dogs really seem to be working in right now but it's hard to keep them out of your wind.  Scent cones really open up when it's 80-90°.   Called several to within 10 yards last weekend- been a while since I've had that type of excitement.

They aren't 3/4 grown here in Indiana.... maybe a little larger than a fox but not much.   That's an average of the pups I've seen through 180 miles of traveling north to south--- must've had an early hatch in Ohio.   I haven't had any luck locating in the last couple weeks, waiting on some cooler weather.

canine

Good Lord, how in the hell can you hunt in this heat? :shck:  I can't even get my lazy ass out of the house away from the AC..LOL

Sounds as though it's a productive time to be out there. Keep on bustin em :biggrin:

JD

FinsnFur

JD.....lets take a break, time for a break aint it?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Jrbhunter

Yeah, I'm a pretty big wuss in the heat too.  Last week I was working on coyotes close to the homeplace, short walks and dusk/dawn stands only.  It's 94° out there today, projected temps in the 95+ range all week.  I doubt I call another coyote before next Saturday- can't wait for those brisk fall mornings!!!

canine

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 29, 2006, 11:08:55 PM
JD.....lets take a break, time for a break aint it?

Jim, i took a couple to many breaks yesterday!!! Feelin it this mornin..LOL..

I was in Awe when i read you'd been out in this Jason. Not only the heat but the dern bugs are enough to keep me in the house..LOL..

FinsnFur

Were destroying this topic :innocentwhistle: but this reminds me of hunting in Arizona.

I seen something I had never seen before in my life. Shooting coyotes and then retrieveing them and you get a shock when you pick em up from all the static in their fur. Gawd that was hilarious to this Northern boy. Fur all standing up like my doo after a Friday night binge. :madd:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers