• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Made three stands today.

Started by SCcoyotehunter, November 24, 2011, 09:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

Hawgmaster and I were up and out early this morning. We arrived at a new place about thirty minutes after daylight. I had located some coyotes here last week. We moved in on a high hilltop field over looking a hardwood bottom and two planted fields. In one of the fields about 200 yds away was a elevated box deer stand. We started and immediately was responded to by an Ol' Male dog howling back at us out of the bottom about a 1/4 mile away. After about twenty minutes I looked down there at the box stand and could see a face looking out of the window. I whistled at Todd and told him we should probably go.
We then rode over to where Ol' Faithful lives. This group of coyotes have taken up residency in a small block of woods completely surrounded by homes and small farms. We set up in a small grown up hayfield that is about an acre. I started with a little rabbit then a few howls. Hawgamaster saw one come out in the field but was out of my view. It was about 90 yards away. Hawg was sitting against a young pine and when he turned to get ready the tree top shook, the coyote saw it immediately and turned and ran back into the woodline. We learned a good lesson. Don't sit against flimsy trees.
We made one other set on an extremely awesome looking set up. A fencline between two pastures surrounded by thick creek bottom, but no takers that we were aware of.
Maybe better luck next time.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone,
SCCH

FinsnFur

Thats one of the reasons I hate going out during deer season. Too many people on too little of acreage. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com