• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2015 Trail Cam's

Started by FOsteology, July 05, 2015, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on November 27, 2015, 06:02:25 AM
Quote from: FOsteology on November 27, 2015, 01:22:03 AM
Dunno, as I've never cared much for "record books". It's "trophy" enough in my book!  :biggrin:

Trophy is how one looks at it.  I shoot 97% antlerless :biggrin:
Big ditto! 

"Cept I'll shoot a big one if I have a chance...  :biggrin: My biggest mule deer would have hit the ground just as quickly if he had been a spike.  We are hunters -- who have lucked into some big critters.  (After bringing in a spike and then later a big necked gnarly old buck one Fall, after a taste of the big buck my wife told me not to shoot any more with big horns! )

We have cousin who is an official record book scorer, which is how we got to know about such stuff, and he has coached Code I think on how to measure for score.

Many areas simply do not have "record book" critters at all due to genetics and local nutrition.  IMO a mature critter as big as they get in that area is equivalent to a Boone & Crockett in terms of difficulty to hunt.   Anyone who regularly tags such critters is an unusually good hunter whether he has anything in the book or not.

FOS, IMO for you to seek and kill a specific buck of such size is an exceptional feat of hunting!