• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Back at it one more time.

Started by vmaster59, January 14, 2011, 11:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmaster59

Well Mike and I went back out this afternoon. The first stand the temp was still a little warm. Nothing came in. So pick up and made a second stand still nothing. But the third stand we sit up on the side of this sand hill. It was cooler now. Mike started the J.S. PM-4 with a rabbit sound. A few mins. into the stand while I was looking to my right. I heard a shot rang out. Mike had took one coming to the call. I did a few ki-yi's and mike hit the remote and fire up the PM-4 again. Tried the fickler and the screaming bird. One more shows up on Mike's left. He shot sounded like a hit but the coyote didn't act like it was one. I watch as he ran through the brush and over the hill.
We sat up on a pipe line right away. Set the PM-4 out and fire it up. It ran for a few mins. Mike started blow on his "Syco Tweety"
and "Tweety". He had one coming in and he shot it with his Rem. 700 in 6 mm Rem. That coyote went to jumping and barking. Mike told me to take him he was out of ammo. So my 6.5 rang out and he went DRT.
We packed up and headed on to another spot. When we came up on this water hole. Mike saw something in the brush. Maybe a hog we thought! The sun was blinding me off of the water. So we moved over to the left of the water hole. We could tell by then it was a big porcupine. So I let my old 6.5x55 do it's job with a 100 gr Nosler BT.
The end of another good day of hunting with a good friend.
Thanks again Mike.

Clint

coyotehunter_1

Hey Clint... it looks like you and Mike found some fur (and quills), thanks for sharing your hunt with us. :yoyo:   

Bottom line: "The end of another good day of hunting with a good friend".

Fur down or not that's what it's all about!!!  :highclap:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

vmaster59

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

golfertrout

coyote101

Congratulations, looks like you had a great time.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

vvarmitr

Thanks for the story & pix Clint!  :biggrin:

That porky looks huge. Are they that big normally?  :shrug:

Biscuit

bambam

vmaster59

Thanks guys. vvarmitr I was say about adv. size.

Clint

Frogman

WTG guys.  Looks like you are getting it done!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!