• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Early season Geese

Started by Spike, October 02, 2012, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Friday night on Aug. 31 a day before goose season started we herd some geese land down on the Neshaminy Creek. We went down that night and tried to see where they landed. We saw that they were a little ways up stream. So that morning before they took off to the nearest corn field we went down and waited for them to take off. Luckily they came our direction and I got a total of three shots at them. The first shot I missed, the second shot I held a little more in front.
Then one went down then  another dropped on my third shot.
There was another flock but they flew in the opposite direction. They never returned back to the Neshaminy for the rest of that season. That morning for breakfast I cleaned them and had them on the grill with beacon around them. They were so good.

HuntnCarve

From shotgun to grill...That young man can do it all!  Proud as always of you Dante. :congrats:

Dave

coyote101

Way to go Spike.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations to you. That's two more geese than I have killed in my entire life.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Nicely done lad! And thats two more geese then I have ever put down also :congrats:

HEY!...I just saw a big old carp in the river behind you! :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Spike

That hole has been good to me. I have gotten two geese and 4 carp from there.

riverboss

Nice job :highclap: It looks like you had a load to carry home.

nastygunz

Well done!...waterfowl opened here today in NH but I had to do that thing called "work"..... :argh: