Bow kill

Started by wv_yoter, January 27, 2013, 01:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wv_yoter

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
My first bow kill from Nov. 2011
Jason

weedwalker

Nice buck Jason!! But you KNOW we need the details.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

wv_yoter

It's a long story but here goes. My brother in law and i had been hunting this new area that my neighbor owns. Kris had let this guy go earlier in the season because there were a couple of monsters we had on camera. On the friday before thanksgiving i was headed to my parents land to hunt and Kris called and said he had a good spot for me at this new place. I had never killed anything with a bow so i figured i would at least get a shot at a doe.                      He was hunting about three hundred yards away, just above the creek where he seen them crossing the day before when he was in the stand that i was now in. I wasn't there long before a button buck came feeding thru the area. A few minutes later a doe came by but i couldn't get a shot. It wasn't long and several more came by. I texted my b-i-l and told him i was covered in does and they all came from his direction. He texted me back that a six point was pushing a doe towards me. So i waited a few minutes and sure as shit here came a doe but it wasn't no six point behind her.  I didn't have time to get nervous or I probably would've. She turned and went to the right of me instead of following the same path as the others. He stayed right in her tracks and stopped broad side in one of the only openings i had. An easy 15 yard shot. Oh no, not for me. He took a step as i let it fly and hit him about a foot back of my intended target. :doh2:                              I watched as he turned and went straight up the hill out of range and daylight. I got out of my stand and found my arrow. It reeked of guts, but there was blood and lots of it. Kris came over and we followed the blood up the hill and onto the flat below the ridge, but then it just stopped bleeding. We decided to let it lay down and die and we would come back in the morning.We came back the next day but couldn't find any blood or the deer.               I was working in Topeka,Kansas in march when i got a call from Kris. He said you'll never guess what i found today when i was shed hunting. I said a coyote den :shrug: he said no.  I said we'll what is it then, and he said I'm looking at an 8 point about 15 inches wide. It was like christmas in the spring.                Apparently this buck had laid down in some brush about forty yards away from where we had quit looking. I owe my brother in law big time. He put me in the right place and found it when i thought it was gone.
Jason

FinsnFur

I like.
It looks like it turned out real nice. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

wv_yoter

Yeah Jim i was real lucky in alot of ways.
Jason