• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Fall turkey season....2021

Started by coyote101, November 02, 2021, 07:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Fall turkey firearms season opened in Kentucky on October 23rd. I went out to my favorite blind on opening morning to try my luck. Once again, the turkey gods smiled on me.

Took this little hen at twenty seven yards with the Encore 12 gauge:

Before the turkeys showed up, this guy came by to check out the decoys:

He should be pretty nice in a couple years.

I went back out on the 26th to see if I could close the deal on another one. Shortly after sunrise, I had a couple of gobblers come strutting by, but they would never separate enough that I could get a shot without hitting them both, so I had to pass. A little later, several hens showed up, and this one loss the toss. The Encore .410 scores again:

Another hero shot in front of the blind:

Fall gun turkey season is over for me, but crossbow season goes till the end of December. Hopefully, I can try for a couple more before the end of the season.

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Congratulations on the birds.  That blind is one that everyone would like to use.  How many have you harvested from there?

weedwalker

Congratulations Pat !!

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

KySongDog

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

nastygunz

Whats that optic on your 12 gauge?

coyote101

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 02, 2021, 10:29:51 PM
That blind is one that everyone would like to use.  How many have you harvested from there?

Jerry,

I've taken ten turkeys from this blind. I had another blind, that looked very similar, that I took quite a few from, but it was destroyed by a tornado a few years ago.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

Quote from: nastygunz on November 03, 2021, 03:26:02 PM
Whats that optic on your 12 gauge?

Nasty,

It's an Eotech 552. I got it several years ago on an AR platform. I've swapped it around on a few different guns, and it ended up on the Encore shotgun.

It was on a little NEF .357 Magnum for a little bit.

Pat
NRA Life Member

Okanagan

Man, Pat, leave some for seed!  You have those turkeys figured out like nobody else I know. 

Sure would like to hunt a turkey someday but that's less likely as time passes.  Tickled for you.

FinsnFur

I thought those deer pics were trail cam pics. I was going to say damn that thing run some high pixels [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com