• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Storms

Started by JohnP, December 11, 2021, 10:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I pray that all of our Southern members and their families are safe from the storms that devasted the area last night.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Yea, I think we need to say a lot of prayers for a very large area.  I have watched some of the TV coverage today and it really devastated it's path.  One thing that really makes me wonder was shown in many of the video coverage - a house totally gone and a house on either side showing little if any damage.

KySongDog

Mayfield Ky has been obliterated. It looks like a FAE was detonated. The destruction is breath taking.  Our long time member Jimmy in Ky lives in Mayfield. I heard through the grapevine that he was OK.

JohnP

Thanks for the update.  He was one that I knew lived in KY, the other was YOU.  Glad that both of you are okay, and thanks for the info.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Good news thankfully. As good as it can be I guess. You're the first one I thought of Kysongdog when I saw this on TV.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: KySongDog on December 11, 2021, 09:40:36 PM
Mayfield Ky has been obliterated. It looks like a FAE was detonated. The destruction is breath taking.  Our long time member Jimmy in Ky lives in Mayfield. I heard through the grapevine that he was OK.
I sent Jimmy a message and he got back with me
The town Mayfield is about 16 miles from where he lives
He said it missed him about 2 miles and he was OK
Keep everyone in there Prayers
Fuzzy

coyote101

We lost TV and internet for a couple of days, but never lost power. My son lost a few shingles, and is still without power. He and his family are staying with us until their power is restored. Across the road from him, a barn is in splinters, and just a couple of miles down the road there is devastation, although I don't think anyone was killed.
My family was blessed, but others weren't so fortunate.
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Glad to here ya come through mostly unscathed. :whew:
I say what I think not think what I say.

kyfuzzyface

Glad you all are OK Pat
Fuzzy

Okanagan

Quote from: coyote101 on December 14, 2021, 09:10:13 AM
We lost TV and internet for a couple of days, but never lost power. My son lost a few shingles, and is still without power. He and his family are staying with us until their power is restored. Across the road from him, a barn is in splinters, and just a couple of miles down the road there is devastation, although I don't think anyone was killed.
My family was blessed, but others weren't so fortunate.

That's too close!  Grateful that you and your family are OK.

KySongDog

For those of you that are familiar with LBL, one of the main campsites is Hillman Ferry.  This is a pic of what's left of it.

pitw

Jeepers that don't look good.  :sad:  I mite of knew some of them tree's. :sad: :sad:

Got a campground I've used up North that looked the same two years ago from a plow wind.

I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Wow [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com