• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Here's a real deal

Started by Bopeye, September 24, 2006, 02:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

Here's the deal. I'm gonna be breeding my Original Mtn. Cur female in the spring. She has a lot of grit and is very gamey. Her intelligence is what impresses me the most. I can tone her and she comes running to me. I believe she is on her way to being a good dog for me in the woods.

I'm going to breed her to a big (65 lbs) Mtn. Cur that is also very gamey and intelligent.
The male is a one man dog. He bonds with one person and the rest he could care less about.

When I make this breeding, so that I can get a pup or two of it. I will let the rest of the pups go to members of this board for my costs. I will already have given them two rounds of shots, 4 wormings, paid to register them and had them to the vet. Reimburse me that amount and the pup will be yours, if your interested in turning it into a coyote hound. These dogs will be OMCBA (Original Mtn. Cur Assoc.) registered. I know the Kemmer Dogs come from this same line of dogs, so I know these dogs can get-r-done too.

Here is the male I will be breeding too. He's the big one on the left. He is Headricks Jack.
The one on the right is Super Grand Squirrel Champion, 2 time Ky state champ Headricks Wheeler. He's a good dog as well, but is the sire of two out of three of my dogs.
The female I will be breeding will not be related to Wheeler up close. Distant kin.

Here is a picture of the female I am going to breed. She has Hall of fame dogs on both sides of her pedigree, which makes her heavy Streak Bred. She is 10 months old in this photo.

Here is a picture of my other two pups parents. My male is in my avatar.
Their daddy is Spr Grand Squirrel Champion Headricks Wheeler in first pictre.
Their momma is Headricks June.

Headricks Wheeler

Headricks June

Here is my pups half brother. He comes out of Headricks Wheeler.

Anyone interested in the deal, just let me know. If any of these pups are left over they will be for sale for $200 on the squirrel and raccoon boards.

This is for FNF'r members only. :readthis:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

FNF'r  :eyebrownod:

So what'r we looking at for your total cost? Bout $2600.  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Shot's are about 3 bucks a piece. Worming is about one dollar a piece. Registering is 15 bucks. Vet visit is about $30..............About $55 total.  :readthis: Sound good?

One other thing though..........gotta keep me posted on how well they are doing on coyotes. :wink:

FinsnFur

....you left out the, "I'll deliver em when I come up to hunt with you" part. :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Dang.......your right.......hmmm :wo:

It could read though.... :readthis: "I'll pick it up when I come hunt with you".  :hahaha:

Bopeye

I guess no FNF'rs need a good dog...... :wo:

Go figure.........trying to help some folks get a good deal is kinda like trying to walk a mile with an egg stuck in your crack. It's tough to do and nobody appreciates it even if you do it... :rolleye:

Oh well.........anyone ever want to try coyote hunting with curs give me a holler......I can help you find one.  :wink:

FinsnFur

Quote from: Bopeye on September 25, 2006, 10:04:33 PM

trying to help some folks get a good deal is kinda like trying to walk a mile with an egg stuck in your crack. It's tough to do and nobody appreciates it even if you do it... :rolleye:

Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?  :roflmao:

I'd like to have one, but I got three problems.....
One, I don't know what to do with this egg stuck in my crack.
Two, I'm not sure how to get it up here, the dog, not the egg.  :sneer:
Three, am I gonna be able to put it on enough coyotes to train it, will it be able to stand the sub zero temps of Wisconsin
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 25, 2006, 10:26:19 PM
Quote from: Bopeye on September 25, 2006, 10:04:33 PM

trying to help some folks get a good deal is kinda like trying to walk a mile with an egg stuck in your crack. It's tough to do and nobody appreciates it even if you do it... :rolleye:

Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?  :roflmao:

I'd like to have one, but I got three problems.....
One, I don't know what to do with this egg stuck in my crack.
Two, I'm not sure how to get it up here, the dog, not the egg.  :sneer:
Three, am I gonna be able to put it on enough coyotes to train it, will it be able to stand the sub zero temps of Wisconsin

Answers:

Question 1.......walk a mile  :rolleye:
Question 2.......I know enough dog haulers.....we can get it there.   :eyebrownod:
Question 3.......A. If you are good at calling.......yes. If you suck like me....maybe.
                      B. Yes it can stand the temps....you could always put a camo dog sweater
                          on it, a do-rag and a set of shades.

:roflmao:

Lighterknot

good stuff, lol.  I may be interested in one of the pups...around what time frame would they be ready for pickup?
Chad

keekee

Bop,

Just seen this! Count me in for a female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent

Bob D

Bop,
This was a very generous offer to the FNF members. Thank you for the opportunity to have one of the pups but I have 4 dogs now and I don't need another. I hope others that could use a dog like this takes advantage of this .
Bob

Bopeye

I'm expecting my female to come into heat any time now. I NEVER breed one on the first heat cycle.......they are still just babies themselves and aren't fully grown.

Usually six months after their first heat cycle, they will come in season again. If she came in today. She would be in heat for about three weeks. I have an above ground kennel to put them in so males can't get to them. She would finish up in mid October. That should put her having another heat cycle in April if she were to have a cycle now.
I'm hoping for spring pups as they are the easiest to raise.

I'll post more as the events unfold. I got Brent and Lighterknot on a short list now.

kyray

Put me down for one Bopeye! Been looking at the Mountain curs for some time now. From what I've read, should make a good hunting companion for sure. Thanks for the offer. Oh, and I will be glad to come and pick it up as well. Will even throw in a few nice calls with the adoption fees as well. kyray

Jeb

Bopeye, I'm within driving distance.........Count me in !
                   Jeb

Bopeye

Sorry I missed this in all the excitement guys. Kray and Jeb.......your on the list. Four should about do it. I doubt if she'll have more than 6 and I'm wanting to keep one or two for myself. I wouldn't breed just to breed.

List is done.....I'm trying to stay low right now.........wouldn't want to anger anyone with my "lackluster" performance in the humor department.

:nono: :innocentwhistle:

Bob D

List is done.....I'm trying to stay low right now.........wouldn't want to anger anyone with my "lackluster" performance in the humor department.

Hey Bop, in my humor department you got an Oscar! Keep it coming ole boy!!!

Bopeye

Well Bob sounds like your about as warped as I am.... :eyebrownod:

I do appreciate the oscar nomination, but I believe Jim would be a more suitable candidate for such an honor. He seems to be able to sneak one in on you a little better than I can. One minute you think he's going one way and then the sorry rascal pins your tits back with a zinger...... :wink:

Bopeye

Here's what I was talking about in my first post. These dogs here have the same ancestors as my dogs. A little different though........the price. I guess I could get $200 for a pup, but why do that? I'd rather see some coyote hunters get them at a fair deal and turn them into some real coyote dogs.

The Gold Nugget and Blondie dogs all go back to the Ledbetter's Daniel Boone Dog.
Mine all go back to the Daniel Boone dog as well. Oh well.........just thought I'd give ya an idea what these dogs were going for most of the time.
I saw a squirrel champion Mtn. Cur sell for $10,000 on the boards the other day. Yes..that's ten thousand Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendy's...... :roflmao:

Saw this posted somewhere:

Mt. Cur Pups 
       10/09/06 09:00 PM     

HI ALL

I have for sale a few super nice Kemmer stock Mt. Cur pups. They are of heavy Gold Nugget and Blondie breeding. Sire: WI Buck Dam: Yellow Creek Echo. These dogs are bred for tree game such as coon, squirrel, bear, bobcat, and Mt. Lion as well as making excellent coyote decoy dogs. Full of grit and most importantally BRAINS!

Ancestors are proven hunters and reproducers, Hall of Fame bloodlines. price is $200.00 each

slagmaker

Too bad I dont have room for any animals. Looks like some fine dog you have there Bopeye. Your making one heck of a generous offer to the members. :yoyo:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

RShaw

I already have my hands full with these two. They will be 5 months old this month.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.