... one coyote said to the other coyote. "How about we have beef?"

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07288/825523-85.stm

keekee

That would suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent

THO Game Calls

If you hit anything in the fog, it is called

DRIVING TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS

I have no sympathy for anyone who does stuff like this. 

They can make cars as safe as can be, put air bags, crumple zones and whatever in them, but will never be able to fix the most dangerous part of any car or truck

The NUT that hold the wheel.

I could understand if you are driving down the higway and a deer jumps out right in front of you, but if you hit something standing in the road, you were going too fast for the conditions.

They should have given the driver of the van, and the truck both tickets and the farmer should sue them.

Al

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Silencer

I'm with Al on this one, dumb hind end drivers.

RShaw

Having raised cattle for over 30 years, there is a reason the farmer was not available for comment. It is because he is responsible for the accident and he certainly does not have a reason to sue.  If the farmer has insurance, then that will take care of his loss and the property damage done by the cow. However, if no insurance, then the farmer is better off to not claim the cow. Besides, who is going to claim a dead cow.

Granted, those guys were probablly driving too fast for the conditions, but a black cow is hard to see at night with or without fog.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

Bopeye

Call me sick, but I laughed at the whole thing once I saw nobody was hurt. That's hilarious!!  :roflmao:

"Cows in the Mist" by Steven Spielberg....... :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

centerfire_223

That story sort of reminds me of one of the farmers I hunt for, he had a horse get out of his pasture. A doctor hit it and it killed both the doctor and the horse. The farmers insurance paid off, then he got hit with a civil suit, that cost him another 50 odd acres of land to settle. About another 500,000 dollars worth.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

securpro

I wonder if the farmer will allow sum coyote huntin on his farm . :confused:

securpro
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

THO Game Calls

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

You are drivig down the road 90 mph in a blinding fog with the cell phone in your ear and you hit a cow standing in the road and it's the farmers fault?

Good thing I am not a judge.  I would take your drivers license, shove the cell phone up your rear end, cut off your right foot and make you pay the farmer for his cow.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

RShaw

Go out tonight around midnight  and park your car crossways in the middle of the road just over the crest of a hill. Turn off the lights and walk away. It's Saturday night and I sure hope the first guy who hits it aint drunk. I'd hate to see what punishment you would have in store for him considering it was all his fault anyways.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

Ole Blood

Well it would seem that Mr. Farmer is only liable if he is guilty of negligence.  The mere fact he owns a cow(s) that got hit does not give rise to liability in most instances.  However, if the farmer had left a gate open or his fences were in disrepair then Mr. Farmer ought to be reaching for his checkbook.  Just my thoughts and opinions.  Don't shoot the messenger.

Rick

cathryn

depends on th situation. in wyoming for instance if you het a cow in ranch country even on the open road, its the drivers fault and they have to make restitution to the farmer.

out there if you dont want em on your proprty too you gotta fence emout the rancher doesnt have to fence em in..

those ranchers outt here claim those dead cows cause they get reimbursed for the loss either through the drivers insurance or thyre own depending on the situation.

5 SHOTS

Quote from: cathryn on August 25, 2008, 02:50:04 PM
depends on th situation. in wyoming for instance if you het a cow in ranch country even on the open road, its the drivers fault and they have to make restitution to the farmer.

out there if you dont want em on your proprty too you gotta fence emout the rancher doesnt have to fence em in..

those ranchers outt here claim those dead cows cause they get reimbursed for the loss either through the drivers insurance or thyre own depending on the situation.

Same way here in Montana
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.