• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Scouts..

Started by Silencer, July 14, 2008, 06:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Anyone involved in the BSA ?  My youngest joined the Tiger Scouts.   I was a Cub many years ago, but it looks much the same according the the Wolf book he brought home. 

Guess I better get reading, one thing I refuse to do is cheat for him, I remember alot of parents doing the kids projects when I was in. 

Hawks Feather

While I am only helping with the scouts right now I do remember judging some of the Pinewood Derbies and you certainly could tell who had help making them.  I think parents are now allowed and maybe encouraged to help with the building.  The best one I judged was when a car that was definitely made by the boy (alone) and it won the whole thing.  It looked like a block, but it ran well.   :biggrin:

Jerry

bigben

I am a eagle scout and went all the way through from tiger.  going to a scout troop tommarow to show em how to make dutch oven cakes.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Silencer

Thats cool Ben, looks like I may learn a new thing or two helping him along.  Never cooked out of a dutch oven, seen it done but never did it.
He's really enjoying it so far, they're spoda have a weekend camp trip at some point this summer.

bigben

so far I can attribute alot to scouts.  I never really noticed it till a few years after I was out of scouts.  the other weekend I showed a bunch of adults how to make a proper fire not just put some lighter fluid on it and light it.  dutch oven cooking is easy and is non stick if ya know how to do it.  I found most adults have no knowledge of how to tie proper knots either. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.