• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

rolled my quad today

Started by bigben, August 03, 2008, 05:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

im livin still which is the main thing.  knee is still stiff but not really sore.  my left arm hurts more then anything now.  I must have hurt my detoid muscle because evertime I try to lift my arm away from my body to put a tool in the machine it feels like it is pulled.  I just hope my arms are healed up enough to go blue fishin in another week now.  I have been trying to keep moving so I don't get too stiff. last time I had a knee injury I sat around and stayed off it and I could hardly walk.  I hope by this weekend that it will be back to normal.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

I'm glad you're OK as well.  :wink:

If it were me I would look into some tests on that defective wing. Almost sounds like you tore a rotator cup or whatever those things are in your arm to shoulder joint.  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bigben

nah I am sure it is a muscle ache.  nothing more.  it is four or so inchs below the shoulder joint. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

5 SHOTS

sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

KySongDog

Quote from: Semp on August 03, 2008, 06:55:47 PM
I think I already said it in another thread somewhere........  those 4 wheelers are hail on rotator cuffs!   Been there and done that one, bigben.   :eyebrownod:

Glad you came though it OK.   :congrats:

Semp

Quote from: HaMeR on August 05, 2008, 08:00:10 AM
I'm glad you're OK as well.  :wink:

If it were me I would look into some tests on that defective wing. Almost sounds like you tore a rotator cup or whatever those things are in your arm to shoulder joint.  :wink:

Definitely get that checked out, bigben.  If it is a torn rotator cuff, they can fix it now.  But the longer you wait the worse it gets. 

Good luck.

Semp

alscalls

If it heals wrong like my hip did when I broke it on an ATV......... It will really be more pain than if ya just get checked out.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

bigben

well fellas got it back to somewhat resonable shape.  the front tires look like they are bent in at the bottom but that is because I just took the jack out from under it and did not compress the suspension.  the front rim is gonna have to wait till I can get it to a tire machine.  rear end is good to go. 

bigben

if it aint better buy sunday I will be heading to the docs monday mornin.  I think it might have been the way I slept last night.  I was watchin tv and I found out taking pain pills and then havin a beer or two will make you  :sleep: and I had my arm behind my head.  when I woke up in the middle of the night I got it tangled in my head board somehow and was twisted funny.  dont ask me how.

HaMeR

I hope you are right Ben. I really do. I like Semp & Als advice too. Thats a lot of pain to learn to live with. It's even worse if you get hooked on pain killers. I hope they find all is well & that the muscles are just beat the hell up. Could be a cracked up rib too. I know for a fact those sumbitches hurt when you lift your arm above your shoulder. Had 2 of em at different times & they flat out suck!!

I'm pulling for you to be in good shape when you get checked out Ben!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Frogman

Hang in there ben.  Hope all turns out well for you.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

bushmaster

That looks like a fairly light weight 4wheeler.  I crashed my grizzly 600 twice in 2 days... BIGTIME!!  The first episode was at this construction site.  My brother and I were playing in the run off ponds and i decided to climb the embankment and jump it goin about 40.  It wasn't until airborne that i realized my fate.  The contractor had already dug the trenches in which the pipes would be laid for the houses.  Well what goes up must come down and thats exactly what i did.  Nose first into a 3ft trench.  I braced my arms as hard as possible but still went face first into the lip of the trench and i was LIGHTS OUT!!  My brother dragged me out of the trench and apparently panicked while i was out.  I came to and had a busted mouth and a real bad case of the shakes for the ride home. 
    The next day, i came back to investigate what happened.  I climbed the hill only to find another trench at the very edge.  No way to turn around so i rolled back down the hill and flipped backwards off a peninsula that devided two run off ponds.  800lbs landed right on my chest and sank my ass into the mud.  Nothing broke either time on me or the grizzly.  Bent the racks and the bash plate.  I got a some black and blue.  Neither of these hold a candle to the time that i went 70 into a telephone pole, my arms went through the passenger seat, ripped the upper half of the seat off and went through the windshield.  I landed in a field about 20yds ahead of the car.  That ended my football scholarship and athletics in general.  I WEAR MY SEATBELT NOW.

Ben, I'm glad to hear ya made it alright.  You might pick a softer place to crash next time :nono:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

bigben

all healed up pretty much.  arm doesn't hurt I have a severly bruised muscle in my right arm but I knew that.  my knee has me worried more then anything now.  I have kind of a pop in my knee depending on how I bend it.  I use to be able to pop my knees when I was a kid because of playing baseball and being a catcher.  when I got older the only time they started to pop was when I was bending my knees a lot.  a few years ago I fell and caught a plow blade under my left knee cap and it got big and swollen and acted much like my right knee is now.  I have been putting ice on it nightly and staying off it but to make a long story short gonna probably head to the docs monday mornin.  the biggest thing I hate is the last time I was in the doctors office for a tick that wouldn't come out and they decided to check the normals high blood pressure colesterol sugar and such.  had to go get a blood test then had to come back into the office for a followup on the tick but they could not tell me anything about the blood test.  came in a week later and they said everything was fine but they wanted to see me down at 225 lbs.  I told em that aint gonna happen.  If I can make it down to 275 I would be at ideal weight.  I weigh 350 right now.  I know for a fact that my right knee has been givin me problems for three or more years.  pretty much since I started to actually just sit at a machine and run it instead of running all over the shop doing work like before.  if I stand for too long my right knee hurts and feels like it does now.  not sure if the accident made a difference or not.  I have been sittin on the stool at work a bit more and tryin to stay off it.  the last three days even though I was stiff I have been out help dad with yard work to get ready for a party next month.  had to lay a bunch of pavers also and that was hell on my knees back and arms.  so I can't imagine that the roll did not just amplify things.

alscalls

Thank God youre finnaly going to go...........prayers sent for ya weither you want em or not. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls