• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Warning about Sears' washing machines

Started by possumal, August 27, 2008, 06:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

FnF members: The following is an email received from my daughter and soninlaw, concerning their washing machine literally blowing up, with no support from Sears to do what is right. Only through the grace of God was a terrible accident avoided, as my daughter and her grandson were right there by the machine a few minutes before it blew up. Here is what Bonnie sent me, including pictures:

Friends and Family,

As most of you may have already heard about our washing machine exploding, Donald and I have decided to try and get as much awareness out to the public as we can.  Attached are photo's taken of the damaged machine and as you can see for yourself the severity of this situation.  This machine was purchased from SEARS prior to us moving into our newly built home in Dec.2006.   After only 18 months of normal use, this particular brand of machine exploded.  It is a KENMORE ELITE - OASIS.  We have already filed a complaint with the CONSUMER SAFETY & CONSUMER SAFETY PRODUCT through the BBB.  Since this incident, Sears has placed this model on clearance.  Within the 1 year warranty, we had  both of our washers serviced,( 2 utility rooms, 2 same washers purchased)  due to problems with their rinse cycles.  A Sears technician told us that Sears had been replacing this particular model's software & washing plate over the last 4 months prior to our incident due to customer complaints.on this machine's performance.  Sears had first told us in July that the machine would be replaced, but now they are declining to honor their word due to the reason that they give that the machine is no longer under warranty.  We hope that you would agree, warranty or not, washing machines should not explode!  Our first and main concern is that we strongly feel that this machine should have been immediately recalled with the obvious safety factor!  Our 3 year old grandson and I had only been away from this area 2 minutes when the machine exploded.  As blessed as I feel that we were not injured, we want to make sure that this not happen to anyone else.

If you know of anyone who may have this same machine, please forward this e-mail. We hope we can count on your help to get the awareness out .Sears needs to  be responsible to ensure the safety of their customers and quit looking away because of a piece of paper that has "warranty" on it!

Stay Safe!

Bonnie and Donald

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Coulter

Holy Crap :shck: Glad to see nobody was hurt.

Thats just as good as an Uniden answering machine catching your house on fire at 4am :rolleye:

Steve

coyotehunter_1

Holy flying washing machines, Batman !!  :shck:   

I would bet that some where on that machine it says: Made in Mexico.  :rolleye:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

KySongDog

Glad no one was hurt!

Its hard to believe a washing machine blew up.  Wow!    :shck: