• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Weird encounter this morn

Started by Silencer, September 03, 2008, 11:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

I get up as usual, already had my gear packed and I'm off to the river.  I pull way down the off beat path, park the car, and head down the trail that leads up to where I duck/goose hunt. 
I get almost to the point where I drop over the bank and a guy jumps up from the ground giving me a heart attack and almost gettin a gun butt stroke to the forehead.
I said, what in the hell are you doin in the middle of nowheres like this ???  He said, "I thought you were a bear, I didnt mean to scare ya".  Of course I say, " you're lucky you didnt get shot" !!!   So after shootin the bull with the guy he says he's hiking up river and just camped there overnight.
Guys, all he had was a sleeping bag, no fire, no other equiptment that I could see with my little red lense head lamp  :holdon: 
The conversation led up to what I was hunting and somehow led to who I hunt with and where is my brother at now , and is anyone else coming ?   I said, probably not since its a Wednesday.   So as I got over the bank I loaded up the 1187 with BB's, just in case because this whole thing struck me as odd.  Theres a decent camping location with a fire pit that he had to walk through to get to where he was sleeping, why didnt he use that ???? :wo:

So......... on the way back after my hunt I take the same path and he's gone.  Not even a trace of anyone camping.

This blows my mind, after sitting in my blind I wondered if I should have contacted the law. 

Todd Rahm

Well your instinct are generally tack on, when ya feel something isn't right, and from what ya said it sounds even strange to me. I'd probably call the local law, and at least report it. Ya never know they might be looking for someone.

Silencer

Maybe sometime this afternoon I'll take a ride downtown and just mention it to the police. 

I'd rather come face to face with a bear, rattler, or any other animal than a human like that.

coyote101

Quote from: Silencer on September 03, 2008, 12:06:37 PM
Maybe sometime this afternoon I'll take a ride downtown and just mention it to the police. 

I'd rather come face to face with a bear, rattler, or any other animal than a human like that.

That's a good idea Vic. There is likely nothing to it, but then again someone who didn't have a shotgun might not be as lucky as you. Let the law know.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

I sure don't like the sound of that encounter at all.   Take Pat's advice and let the law know.  Pat knows what he is talking about.  :wink:

FinsnFur

wow, that IZ wired, think I'd be a bit spooked too.
I'm curious as to what comes of it, if anything, be sure to keep us up to speed.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Think serial killer :shck:....I watch the people in the woods wayyyyyyyyyy more then I do bears and such...we have a had some stuff happen around here....punch in Maura Murray for a search....she dissappeared about 1 mile from my sisters house....then about 1 1/2 from my brothers house....somebody parked in an old church parking lot....snuck through the woods....killed the dog, then when the homeowner got home, pumped him full of bullets...both cases unsolved....across the river in VT...another young lady missing....years ago somebody was murdering nurses from the VA hospital and dumping them all over the back roads...unsolved....I NEVER GO IN THE BOONIES WITHOUT BEING ARMED!

HERES A LINK TO THEIR WEB SITES
http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2008/01/were-maura-murray-and-brianna-maitlands.html

FinsnFur

:doh2: Thanks nasty...I'll sleep well tonight :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

The law should know about this and you be carefull around there for sure......somethin aint right.   :shock2:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bopeye

I hate it when I run into someone like that in the woods. I would report him.

A few years back we had a crazy come out on us while we were rabbit hunting. Nuttier than squiirrel turds so we reported him. We found out he was cooking meth in there.  :whew:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

nastygunz

"Nuttier than squiirrel turds "... :roflmao:

Carolina Coyote

If you look around the area he was at you may find pot plants, not real sure but I think it close to harvest time for the pot growers and for sure I would report the incident to the police.cc

slagmaker

Call the law and your local Conservation officer. Something dont add up and I bet if you looked around you will find either a meth lab or pot growing in the area.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Silencer

I havent spoken to anyone yet,  if they'll come by the school tonight I'll flag em down.  My bud that was on the force resigned and joined the army so I cant contact him and I dont know any of the noobs. 

I might go poking around there tomorrow night and hunt till dark. 

slagmaker

you go back into that area watch your back. If there is illegal stuff going on ya cant be too carefull.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

cb223

That is kinda spooky.

I do some hunting along a river with the only access being by boat. I was going scouting one day and ran into an old friend near the launch. He warned me saying that I don't want to stumble on someone's pot. I guess there is quite abit of it in the area and they get pretty protective around harvest time.

I would call it in.
CHAD

Kuipdog

Meeting someone in the woods would creep me out if I didn't know them and I was familiar with the area. Where I live we have a HUGE meth problem. I would guess that is what he was doing, Cooking the stuff.  I have to be careful when hunting that I stay away from anything that looks like garbage because it could be a meth lab and the chemicals can overcome a person and kill them. I would make it a point to tell the sheriff and game warden. I would also be on the lookout for mantraps and other such nasties, I know there was some trouble of people in national parks running into pot gardens  and finding booby traps a few years ago. I would be on condition yellow when I hit that area if I were you.
Kuipdog