• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS

Started by nastygunz, June 24, 2009, 08:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Just a reminder to be on guard....mostly this made me think of the women folk in the family...this lady I work with...tiny little women like maybe 5 foot and 100 or less pounds..jogging with her friend...a car full of teenagers drives by yelling at them....they keep jogging....the car turns around...comes back...a kid reaches out as they go by in the car and hits her with a CAN of spaghetti which is sort of funny weird but not cuz it broke here ribs and collapsed her lung...luckily her joggin partner was an MD...just made me think I need to give the women in the family my be on the lookout speech again....no arrests yet but from what I heard from a buddy if they catch them they are gunna get buried as the women NH AG is really pissed about it :argh:...

FinsnFur

Kids are relentless today, and it just gets worse and worse.
I know I wouldnt get away with half of what most kids today do, when I was a kid.

No child left behind, were just breeding monkeys, and spank your child for a trip to jail. The entire thing is out of control, and when these kids take our places in time, the country's going to be in one heck of a mess.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

That is really sad.  Hope she recovers OK.     :sad:

Lots of young folk show no respect for anything anymore.   :rolleye:

nastygunz

Yeah one time I was heading home late night and this car got on my bumper...high beams....horn...finally passed me screaming and middle finger out the window....well i hung back and they took the same exit....so being steamed a mite i followed covertly...pulled right in beside them at a cumberland farms....ready to administer some street justice...watched em get out of the car...2 young girls....looked about 16...coudnt belive they were doing that stuff...i backed out n left...unbelievable.

pitw

Quote from: Semp on June 25, 2009, 06:25:10 AM
That is really sad.  Hope she recovers OK.     :sad:

Lots of young folk show no respect for anything anymore.   :rolleye:

Lot of young people do show respect though.  Can't tar the whole works with the same brush as  they don't deserve it.  Blaming the young people is just wrong in my opinion, we should put the blame where it belongs which is squarely on the parents shoulders.  I seem to remember some disrespectful youngun's when I grew up too and I thank my parents and the whip for turning out the way I did.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

I didn't mean to imply it was ALL young people, Barry.   But the fact is there are lots of 'em out there that don't give a damn.   Parents fault, yeah, probably.  Some good parents turn out rotten kids though.   :shrug:

pitw

I got ya now Semp.  So if there are more now than before is it because the system is broke?   I think that parents need to quit trying to make things easier for their kid and let them learn some hard lessons. 

iahntr

Man this subject could get deep, I could probably talk for days, but still don't think we'd have the answers.
I think a lot of it does have to do with up bringing, but I don't think it's fare to put the blame "squarely on
the parents shoulders, where it belongs", any more then it is to lump all the kids together either. I'm speaking
first hand. We have two children, our son, 20, and our daughter, 19. They were brought up the same way,
same guidelines, rules, disciplines, morals, standards, etc. etc. They are TOTALLY two different people, and
have chosen two TOTALLY different paths, and act very differently as far as respect, responsibility, etc go.
There's so many different reasons why they're two different people too. The biggest reason why I agree it's
the parents fault is, looking back as our kids grew up you could see the "trouble makers" and look at the parents,
and see that the kids's actions directly mirrored there up bringing, they didn't give a crap. I remember having a,
then friend of our son's, over for a Birthday party at our house in like 4th or 5th grade, and within the next year
or two seeing the same kid walkin the streets smokin cigarettes at midnight.  :rolleye: 
  I think a huge part of our sons problem, and big difference between our son and daughter, is that he isn't outgoing,
he wasn't athletic, book smart, etc. and just couldn't fit in with the different "groups" or "crowds", or feal like he
could fit in anywhere. Well guess what "crowd" will accept anybody?! You can teach til you're blue in the face, and it seems
like it can just get erased.
Like I said I could talk for days, I gotta run for now. In our case I have faith that the way he was brought up, and the
things that were instilled in him through the years will prevail in the end.
Scott
Scott

pitw

Sorry, my all encompanessing statement wasn't fair either :doh2:  I agree this is a very deep subject.  The parents that irritate me are the ones that only have time for themselves and I see it all the time.  The fathers are parked at one of our towns watering holes from 5 to 12 and their wives do what they can when they are home.  I kinda/sorta wish that people weren't allowed to get married until they were past thirty as that would give some of them a chance to grow up and see a little before they get burdened down with "having too" provide for a family.   I'll relate a story of a choice I made at the age of 16.  I had heard stories about how much fun some guys I knew had when they went out east of me.  I had the chance to go with a couple of them one night so I jumped at it.  We were driving down the road when the driver stopped and grabbed his gun. I asked what he was going to shoot.  "That fuel tank out in the field" he replied.  I said "Just let me out aand drive away and we won't end up all bloody from me trying to kill you" I said.  It got real quiet but he put the gun away and did let me out.  I walked to the first yard I knew about and told the farmer why I needed his phone.  He said I didn't need his phone at 11pm to call for a ride as he would give me a ride home.  He and my father got pissed as nits after he got me home and thanked me for saving as it turned out, his tank of fuel.  Things went well for me for a spell after that at home.

iahntr

I think we're on the same page Barry, I was probably quick to get defensive because of the situation we're in,
and thinkin " I'm not taken any responsibility, or credit if you will, for his current actions"  :nono:
"He's been taught differently"

Well, I had half a page wrote, and decided to erase it. Sometimes I even get tired of hearin myself talk
about our problems.
  It is a huge shame seeing how some kids are brought up, and frustrating to watch the vicious cycle of how they
raise there kids, because that's what they know. We've tried to help several family's in the past, some with food,
some with work, guidance, helped some get to treatment, brought there kids to Sunday school etc. One little boy,
and sometimes his little sister, we brought into our family for over a year. We tried helping there mother keep her nose
clean. In the end we had to brake off ties and stop helping her because she was just using us and we were enabling
her. In the end we were more trying to see her kids were not being raised by her. Well she did get the kids taken away,
her dad has custody, she now lives with her dad and her kids, and still gets to do whatever she wants.  :argh: It's sad
to see them now and see the environment that they are having to be brought up in. In many ways I do think the system
is broke.  :rolleye:
Well I'm definitely stopping, before I feel like erasing another page.
Scott
Scott