• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

anything like this ever happen to you?

Started by 5 SHOTS, June 14, 2009, 10:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

That was really good. I didn't know you could write like that!!

Brad

Okanagan

Quote from: Brad H on June 17, 2009, 09:12:45 AM
That was really good. I didn't know you could write like that!!

Brad

Ditto!  Good tale.  I enjoyed it the first day but have been kind of busy to reply.

Never got terrified by a rabbit but a mouse and a moose did it to me on different occasions.  Here's a couple of me-too stories.

Two elk hunting partners and I noticed grizzly bear tracks all over the little side slot road where we parked our pickup camper near the Palliser River.  We talked about the bear as we drifted off to sleep and at that last drowsy moment, the sound of claws scratching on metal and the deep boom of a BIG body on sheet metal convinced all of us instantly that a grizz was climbing over the hood of the pickup to reach the camper's sleeper extension above the cab.  Three men grabbing rifles, pants, boots, and flashlights in a dark camper felt like a stampede in a breaking corral.   It turned out to be a mouse or larger rodent of some kind running around in an old discarded refrigerator shell supported off the ground by nearby brush, that magnified sound like a metal drum head.  Got my adrenaline going again just to remember it.

Night terror II:  A long time hunting partner and I were after spring black bear in the Monashees.  On a dark overcast night we bedded down inside an old log trapper cabin on the brink of a bank being undercut by a softly gurgling river.  I'd seen a grizzly within 75 yards of the cabin a week before.  The cabin was tiny, no windows and the only opening was was the empty space where the door had been, within two feet of the edge of the undercut bank so that we had to sidle into the cabin.  Somebody had recently stretched a plastic sheet over the leaky roof so as the dark clouds spit a little rain we decided to sleep on the dry dirt floor rather than pitch a tent.  Each of us lay his rifle beside him, magazine full, chamber empty.

Sometime in the darkest part of the night, the splashing sounds of a a BIG animal wading across the river woke me.  Before it gained the bank on our side, I was sitting up clutching my rifle, eyes wide trying to see the door space against the night.  The big animal crumbled some dirt getting up the bank and stood just outside the cabin.  I could hear it breathing and hear water dripping on the sand from its body.  Then it moved off.  From the darkness beside me came a whisper that told me my partner was also sitting up in his sleeping bag.   "DID YOU HEAR THAT!!!?" he breathed in a hoarse whisper.

Both of us had grizzly on the brain, but daylight showed tracks of a moose that almost rubbed on the corner of the cabin.  

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

T rex wearing moose print boots?   :roflmao: :roflmao: :biggrin:

Those are good too.

As far as publishing.....we alreary got 2 famous authors now and i'm not sure i could hold a candle to them.  :biggrin:

Besides, I got no contacts.  :doh2:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

5 SHOTS

OK time for the truth....I saw the rabbit as I pulled up. I decided to mess with it. I didn't know there was a den or how close it was. Then afterwards I got to thinking "That could have scared someone" and spent the rest of the day thinking about it and so, achieved my 15 minutes of fame.

Thanks everyone!!!!  :biggrin:

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

He's lying.....he crapped his britches. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Yep.  I think the first version was the true one. :roflmao:

5 SHOTS

vvarmitr

Quote from: 5 SHOTS on June 17, 2009, 07:10:06 PM
Hope you have a pair of glasses then. :huh:

Sure enjoyed the stories fellers! :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

cathryn

5 SHOTS

Quote from: vvarmitr on June 24, 2009, 04:34:04 PM
Quote from: 5 SHOTS on June 17, 2009, 07:10:06 PM
Hope you have a pair of glasses then. :huh:

Sure enjoyed the stories fellers! :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

OK, it took me a second or two...... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :innocentwhistle: