• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Back Saver

Started by FinsnFur, July 25, 2022, 07:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I've been trying to think of different ways to make loading my kayak easier. It weighs 125 lb stripped. I was going to create a pulley system and hang it from the ceiling after I lifted it out of the truck. I store it on sawhorses so I don't have to bend over to pick it up but it's still so damn cumbersome on my antique back. I saw a video of a guy that made a cart out of a furniture cart. So I decided to give it a try. What a freaking lifesaver wow this thing works so beautiful. No more lifting that bitch.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

nastygunz

that thing works slicker than snail shit on a pump handle!

pitw

Probably work for paddle boards too. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

It's PURE genius John. Just admit it.  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

soooooooo.... What's your solution for loading and unloading it when you're at the lake or river?

bigben

its at least a good show of redneck ingenuity
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Quote from: nastygunz on July 27, 2022, 12:56:37 AMsoooooooo.... What's your solution for loading and unloading it when you're at the lake or river?

Great minds think alike.  :eyebrownod:   That was my thought also.

Todd Rahm

nastygunz

Marry a girl who's a weightlifter :innocentwhistle:

Quote from: KySongDog on July 27, 2022, 10:45:29 AM
Quote from: nastygunz on July 27, 2022, 12:56:37 AMsoooooooo.... What's your solution for loading and unloading it when you're at the lake or river?

Great minds think alike.  :eyebrownod:   That was my thought also.

5 SHOTS

Jim drives a Ford. He just floats it in and out of his pickup.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

I thought I posted pics of that process before. I'll have to see if I can find the post or post the pics again. I basically back right down to the water. Slide the kayak out and nose down onto the water. Once the front is floating, I just lift the back off the tailgate of the truck and set it in the water. Load up is the exact reverse.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

FinsnFur

I had the GoPro mounted to the back window of the truck this weekend when I backed her down to the water, to show the kayak unload.
Got that done and then remounted it to the yak and took some footage out on the water of a few catches.
Afterwards remounted it to the back window as I backed down to the water for the kayak reload.

Got home and started going through the footage and the very first recording (unloading the yak from the truck to the river) had fogged lens so bad you coudlnt even tell it was me, let alone what I was doing :doh2:
It was 91 degrees Saturday and 88% humidity. The camera rode in the air conditioned truck all the way to the river. :doh2:

All the footage from the days catches turned out perfect.

Then the video of me backed down to the water reloading the kayak froze while I was unloading the kayak gear before I actually loaded the yak itself. :madd:
I thought you absolutely have GOT to be shitting me.  :waiting: 

This is the second time something like this has happened since I've had the GoPro. (around 2 years I think) I'm being told the SD card is going bad.
I replaced it today and we'll see what happens.
Stay tuned for  "Take Two"  :corn:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Maybe have your drone do the video for you.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on August 07, 2022, 09:50:38 PMMaybe have your drone do the video for you.

I actually thought of that. A floating tripod...It couldnt be more perfect. :eyebrow:

It works on the water it would certainly work on land :eyebrownod:
I just dont like the attention the drone draws, and the boat ramp would definitely have idiots crowding around me or it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers