• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

First yote with my viper.

Started by stevecriner, July 22, 2006, 11:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevecriner

Man was it hot here in missouri this particular evening. 89 on the gauge when i left the truck to walk down to my stand i had figured. The wind was slightly blowing to the north west and the humidity was crazy over the hay field. I set my FoxPro to the east of me and set up to watch the south west hoping to catch a yote crossing the field to the down side. After about 30 seconds of DSG cottontail i see a yote bustin in about 300yrds away from the south east. This yote was coming totally from the other way than expected. I shut off the FP and let her trot into to about 75 yrds and squeezed the trigger on the "Viper" my friend Danny built for me. The 69gr hp touched base with a soothing thud and dispatched coyote. What an evening. I don't care if its hot or not when a farmer calls and gives me a lead on a yote he wants killed, I'm gone. There ain't nothing" like gettin a rush any time of the year. I just have never enjoyed anything like coyote hunting in my whole life and I'm glad for the friends Ive made on the way or i wouldn't even be able to call cows. Thanks for all the tips and friendships Ive made.

" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

FinsnFur

Ditto that :congrats: The comradry with these guys runs DEeeeeep.

Nice job on the yote by the way...i woulda contemplated going out in that heat. Ya got me there.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Rick223

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

canine

Steve. That is one sweet lookin rifle :yoyo:

Did your friend do the camo work also?

Congrats on the dog!

JD

stevecriner

Yep he is a dura coat artist! He will be here in a few days. He is lazyd

Hunters Specialties

daveyboy

Steve,that's one of the nicest camo jobs I think I've ever seen :highclap:.LazyD is a real artist.Great picture by the way and by making the farmers happy now,you'll be real happy in the fall :biggrin:.Take care,daveyboy :eyebrownod:

Dogwood Creek

Fantastic! Way to whack em' buddy. Super looking rig you got there too. What for glass do you have on her?

Lazy D

stevecriner

Hunters Specialties

Lazy D

Thanks man,

I saw I missed a call from you today.
I'll try to give you a shout tomorrow.

Take care

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site Lazy D.
So how expensive it it to have something like that done?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Lazy D

Not as bad as you might think.  It really depends on what options a guy wants. 
Steve sent me the scope to put on.  He also had a few extra things done.  Something comparable would be around the $1400 price range. 

Rick223

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

FinsnFur

That just looks flat out awesome. I really like it. Is this what you do for a living?....your bread and butter?

You got a banner I can add to the program for ya?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

stevecriner

No he aint got a BAnner :confused:  Hes the awsomest (sp) AR guy around and a very good sponsor of mine and i cant even add a banner either. I wish i could build him one. I would put a squirrel with a cowboy hat on and and lever action 44. Thats Danny,lol

Hunters Specialties

Lazy D

Well,....I wouldn't call it my Bread & Butter.  I am a full time gunsmith for the PD I've been with for 17 yrs.  I just do it on the side cuz I luv guns :biggrin:
I guess I'll have to have Radd4's wife make me some type of banner so I can get Steve off my @$$ :roflmao:

Anyway thanks for all the warm welcomes.